15- Love letters <3 pt 1

hope you enjoy 🫶🏻

TW- single mention of noose/ suicide idk if that bothers anybody but just so you're aware <3

You and Loki had a.. complicated relationship. It started off as a one time fling, and then eventually grew into an affair, which then led to a full blown relationship.

You always visited each others rooms late at night or went to your favourite secret hangouts, deep in the corners of the palace that nobody ever visited or guarded. You obviously had to keep your relationship a secret because, let's face it Odin would never approve of it and both Thor and Frigga would have to "obey the throne" and tell him.
It was very difficult at times and was the cause of countless arguments but, in the end, you both knew deep down that it was for the best. One time you were so close to being caught that you both had to cast illusions of yourselves and hide out on Midgard until it all blew over.

Thor had always teased you about being "perfect for each other" ever since you were kids so, if you eventually were to tell him, he probably wouldn't be surprised.

*****

You, Thor and Loki were hanging out at the library because Thor said that he was feeling left out and said he wanted to join you. He, of course, was finding every reason to not read but to do everything else.

"So how are things with you and Loki? Has he courted you yet?" He'd always start the conversation like this. You decided that you'd had enough of the stupid comments and to have a bit of fun this time.

"Actually really well." Thor paused for a second and Loki widened his eyes at you. "Yeah we're actually sleeping with each other behind everybody's backs." You said with a smile and returned to your book. After a few seconds of very painful silence. You laughed and shouted "KIDDING!"
Loki breathed out a sigh of relief and him and Thor looked at each other and laughed awkwardly.

A few moments later, Loki got up and went to get a different book. Thor waited until he wouldn't hear him and quietly said, "Well if that were true I can't say anyone would be surprised. Even Odin knows you gained Loki's favour a long time ago." He chuckled at his own comment and you tried to hide your cherry red cheeks.

"What's so funny brother?" Loki returned with probably the thickest book on astronomy the library shelves could hold without collapsing.

"Uhm..nothing, nothing I just... read something funny." He said with a proud and seemingly successful grin.

"You don't have a book.." Loki raised his eyebrow and sat down next to you so that you were in between the two.

"Oh yeah I meant uh.. lady Y/N's book!!" He grinned yet again.

"Well I don't think lady Y/N would appreciate that." Loki obviously saw what you were reading because he smirked and went back to his book. Let's just say what you were reading was..not something to chuckle at, if yk what i mean. "This early in the afternoon? At least save it for later." He whispered in your ear, his voice made your entire body tremble and made you feel like you feel like you were gonna faint, he knew this of course. You turned to look at him and he obviously acted as if nothing happened.

Later that day, you had arranged to meet Loki at the wine cellar and to say you were excited was an understatement. You hadn't had.. met up with him in weeks and you were desperate. You and him could only be so close in front of everyone else and it drove both of you absolutely insane. You couldn't bare to wait any longer and you knew he was going to be there soon but you couldn't shake the feeling that something was, off? You couldn't even explain it to yourself but you just had that feeling in your stomach that just wouldn't go away and it was telling you that someone was there. But that was impossible how could somebody be there? There was nobody there.