4- Puny Sickness

You knew that everyone was coming back from the mission now; however, you had a terrible cold and fever and could not even bare to even stand up and so, when they did come back, they didn't have the nicest of welcomes. You didn't even realise that they had returned until Loki knocked on your door and walked in. (You and him shared a room, but still, Loki felt that it was necessary to knock everytime.) The sight of him already made you feel warm inside.  You two had been together for a few months now you were happy living with the Avengers and with Loki. 

"Good afternoon, my love." You heard soft voice and got up, immediately regretting your decision. You flinched at the face in your head. "I would ask if you are feeling any better but you are already answering that for me." Loki said with a smile as he walked over and sat down at the side of the bed. His hand reached over to feel your forehead. "Oh my God, your hotter than before we left. I knew I should have stayed to take care of you." You knew before he even walked in that he would find some way to blame this on himself, he was THAT overprotective, but you thought it was sweet. You looked at him with the same face that you always did when he blamed himself for anything. "Fine. Fine. I'll try to stop, but I just want what's best for you and, in this case, it's always me." You didn't even have to look at him to know that he had that signature smirk 

"I know. But I don't want to infect you so could you please go spend some time with the rest?" You suggested but Loki insisted on staying so you quickly added, "Please." Loki nodded, kissed your forehead and when he was about to leave you said: "But first, could you please get me some tea?" You and Loki both laughed. 

                                                                            --------------

It was still dark when you woke up and Loki wasn't next to you so you decided to go to the kitchen to get some water. When you got to the living room, you realised that Loki was sleeping peacefully on the couch. A wave of guilt immediately overwhelmed you when you saw, by his face how uncomfortable he was. You walked over to him and gently swiped his raven locks away from his face before kissing him. 

"I thought that I was supposed to be staying away from you." His eyes opened to look up at you. 

"I'm sorry for waking you, but I just couldn't help myself. I'm so sorry for making you sleep on the couch." He could sense the sadness on your face when you said this, so he quickly said: "I would do anything if it meant making you happy." Suddenly, all of your pain melted away as you laid down next to him. Everything headache, runny nose, fever felt as it it was turned to joy, safety and warmth. You loved falling asleep with Loki but you couldn't but stand up and turn away. 

"I'm sorry Loki, I really am, but I sleep next to you knowing that I can infect you. I don't want to deal with the guilt." You already felt terrible making him blame himself for you being sick, and for making him sleep on the couch, and for now rejecting him when he was trying to make you feel better. It took all of your strength not to jump into his arms and fall asleep next to him but you knew that this was the right thing to do. 

"Lady Y/N?" You felt Loki's hand pull you gently towards him. You turned around to see his face with beautiful, hopeful, green eyes. "You could never hurt me, even if you wanted to." Loki got up and picked up with ease. "But let's go to our room." You let yourself be carried away bridal style in Loki's strong arms, you never wanted to be let go. Once you reached your room, he placed you down carefully and got in next to you. You felt his slender fingers wrap around your waist and his hot breath in your ears. "Besides I could get a puny mortal illness, for I am a God..." You didn't hear the rest of the sentence because of how quickly you fell asleep. Maybe he was right, maybe he couldn't get sick. 

                                                                            --------------

When you wake up, you can already hear voices from the dining room but couldn't seem to wriggle out from the God of Mischief's grasp around your waist. You checked your temperature which had drastically dropped from your high fever. Still, you felt that you needed to stay in bed all day to get better for sure (though this wasn't much different than how you felt every other morning. You closed your eyes and decided to try and fall asleep again.  

A groan from behind you woke you up again and you turned to face the pale-faced God clung to your side. 

"Lady Y/N, check my pulse. I think I might be DYING!" You heard Loki say with literally the most exaggerated voice you've ever heard. "pLeASe y/N heLp mE." 

"What?" You said, annoyed that you were forced to wake up to listen. You wrapped your arms around him only to find him boiling hot. "Oh no. I told you that you should've stayed away. Now YOU have a fever and it's my fault." You turned away stood up to go get him some tea. "Sit. Stay. I'll be right back."

When you came back to your room, Loki had obediently sat and stayed like you told him to. 

"My dear Lady Y/N, please do not blame yourself for this, it was my choice to stay close to you and, therefore, I am to blame. Please do not leave my side until I get better otherwise I might DIE." He pretended to faint on the bed which made you laugh. As you sat down with next to Loki, he turned on the TV and you felt him slowly drift away next to you. You quickly got your phone and took a photo of his adorable sleeping face. "Y/N I know that I am sick but I swear if you don't delete that photo off of your phone neither you or I will like the end result." Loki mumbled through his semi-consciousness which made you giggle. You both eventually fell asleep in each others arms and slept through the day.

Hi, sorry this wasn't very good but I haven't really had any ideas of what to write so sorry. Hope you enjoyed. :)