2- Cabin

You had lived with Loki for the past 2 years now, after he was sent here as your "babysitter", and things felt normal by now. By normal, I mean that you were obviously attracted to him and he had absolutely no feelings for you. But you couldn't help but imagine that in a mystical land, where all fairy tales come true, he would love you back. You both lived in a secluded cabin in the woods and, every day, you dreamed that something would happen between you two, nothing ever did. 

You were sat on the couch under your favourite blanket, reading a book, like you always did in the morning, when Loki walked in. 

"Good morning, Lady Y/N, you look beautiful as always." Loki muttered as he sat down. Of course, he meant this in a neutral way because it was normal to say these things all the time on Asgard. 

"Good morning." You said with a smile. Just hearing his incredible voice lifted your spirits. You moved your legs closer towards your body so Loki could sit nearer to you. You both sat there for a while and he watched you as your delicate fingers flicked through the pages. You didn't realise he was watching you because of how subtle he was. It seemed as though everything he did, he feared that he was going to do it wrong or that he feared he was going to be judged. 

"New book?" He snapped out of his thoughts long enough to ask you with a smirk forming across his face, as he knew that you took all of your books from his library. "Did you break in when I was sleeping?" This question made you giggle and grin like an idiot. You nodded not adding the fact that you stared at him for at least 5 minutes in doing so. You couldn't help it, he looked so beautiful when he slept. You held up the book for him to see the cover, knowing that this was his favourite book. "You chose well Lady Y/N. I think you will enjoy this one." 

"I enjoy all of them." You said as you looked into those gorgeous blue-green eyes. "Hey, listen, I'm going for a walk later. Do you want to come with me?" You said whilst putting the book down. You tried to hide your expression of significant hope that he would say yes, you were dying to do something with him. 

"I would very much like that." The smirk crept up on his face again. What you didn't know is that he was waiting for that question for a long time now. 

                                                                    -----------------

You stared out the window as the beads of rain slid down, like tears streaming down a face. Without even stepping outside, you could tell that the wind was extremely strong by the way it swayed the trees. You were upset, that was obvious, but something inside you made you almost a bit happier, though you didn't know what. You heard footsteps coming closer to you from upstairs and, with every step, you got more and more upset. This was your chance to show Loki that you could be fun as well and you missed it. You stomped your way to the couch and turned on the TV; on every channel you could find, there were weather forecasts of a huge storm making its way across America. Why. You thought. Why today? Why not any other day? You finally found a channel that had something else on. You weren't really watching it. You were just listening to it to keep you away from your thoughts. 

"So I take it that we are not going on that walk?" You didn't even realise Loki was standing behind you. You could sense a (very) faint sadness in his voice, he knew how to hide it. When you slowly shook your head and looked down in disappointment, he added, "Well that's a shame I really wanted to finally spend some nice time with you." Even though you lived together, you never really spent that much time together: it was always that you had to do this, or Loki had to do that, so this was disappointing for the both of you.

"Sorry." You muttered under your breath. When you looked down you saw Loki's large feet approach you. You looked up to see him smiling, not his usual smirk, but genuinely smiling. "What?" You asked as he moved closer to you. 

"I have a better idea." You felt his hot breath on your face and, in this moment, he pressed his lips to yours. Everything around you started to fade away as you melted into his arms. All of the anger that you felt turned to happiness and you felt his warm hands cover up the blush on your cheeks. Everything was perfect.

                                                                    -----------------

It was still evening but it was already dark. Loki was in the kitchen making you both a cup of tea and you both listened to the rain outside. It was soothing, knowing that, even though there was a storm outside, you were still safe. Loki sat down next to you and placed the steaming cups of tea on two coasters on the coffee table so that he could wrap both of his hands around you. You turned on a soft reading light next to you and took out your book. Just before you started reading, you spread out your favourite blanket that covered both you and Loki. As you read, you and Loki dug further and further into the night without even noticing it. When you checked your phone, the time read 00:43 which made you and Loki laugh to yourselves.

"We better get to sleep." You tried to suggest when you felt Loki pull you even closer towards him. All he had to say was a soft 'stay' and this made you want to stay like this forever. You put away the book and you slowly started to drift away. Both of you were happy in this position and so you lay as still as you could. You never wanted to be let go of his arms. The rain tapped against the window rapidly but you didn't care. All you cared about was him and you finally together. "Goodnight, my love." Loki gently whispered in your ear and the last thing you felt was one of Loki's hands twirling a few strands of your hair and the other still holding on tightly to your waist. This was your fairy tale.