10- Asgard

You and Loki were together for a few weeks now and you were planning a trip for ages. This was much harder than it sounds; whenever you wanted to go away for the weekend or just go somewhere for a day, something more important invaded your schedule like missions or meetings. But, your birthday was coming up soon and so you thought to just go somewhere with Loki then.

"Lady Y/N?" You heard Loki's warm voice. "I had an idea, it was for your birthday." You looked up from the food you were devouring, a little faster than people would consider normal, but you didn't care. Your mouth was full so you just nodded interested in what he was going to say. "Well, I was thinking maybe I could, take you to Asgard?" You snorted out all your food and started laughing uncontrollably. Loki's hopeful face quickly turned into an annoyed one and you tried to contain your laughter. "And what's so funny about that?" He raised an eyebrow at you, expecting a serious answer.

"Nothing," You said, forcing yourself to not burst out again. "Ok, fine. You? YOU want to take ME to Asgard? Didn't your parents banish you or something?"

He genuinely looked hurt. "Not my mother." Neither of you were amused by each other's jokes. "Besides, my father doesn't know that I've changed. A lot."

You hesitated a lot before answering. "Ok." Loki's eyes widened at you hopefully. "I'll go with you to Asgard. AS LONG as you promise not to do something stupid and then force the both of us to spend eternity in an Asgardian prison cell."

"Oh don't you worry, I've had my fair share of prison cells. TRUST ME I'll never do anything to go back to that hell-hole, especially if I'm with you." He smiled at you. "Wouldn't want to do anything to hurt you." He kissed you sweetly before going into the other room.

You grinned to yourself and muttered. "I'm going to Asgard."

----------------------

You met Loki outside with a bag full of your stuff. "Are you ready?" He asked, excited.

"Yep!" You answered, equally as excited as him, if not more. "So, I'm guessing there's some portal that we have to go through?"

"Wow, you really do your research." He grabbed tightly onto your waist. "Hold on tight, you don't want to get lost in the middle of the nine realms." He laughed.

You laughed back and answered. "Yea- wait, WHAT?!" You just managed to get out before a giant rainbow appeared around you and him. You felt yourself being pulled off the ground and lifted out of the atmosphere. It felt like seconds before you landed back on stable ground.

"You can open your eyes now." Loki chuckled.

"Oh. Yeah." You giggled and, as soon you opened your eyes, your jaw immediately dropped. Everything was covered in freshly coated gold that shone brighter than anything you had ever seen before. Behind you, you saw what must have been millions of stars that twinkled in your eyes. Outside, you saw giant golden pipes that reached up as far as you could see. "Woah." You managed to breath out.

"Welcome to Asgard." The oranged-eyed man standing in the middle, who you assumed was Heimdall, greeted you with a smile. Suddenly you saw a women walking in with a perfect smile on her face. You had never seen anyone who looked like her before. You assumed she must have been Loki's sister because she looked around the same age as him and had the same golden hair and blue eyes as Thor.

"Oh Loki. I missed you so much." She went to hug Loki and then turned around to look at you. You were expecting some kind of judgement or just silence but, instead, she just took your hands and smiled. "You must be Y/N. You're just as beautiful as Loki said." Out of the corner of your eye, you saw Loki blush and roll his eyes.

"Thank you." You smiled and tried to be as polite as you could to the kind woman who was saying that Loki said you're beautiful. "I'm so sorry but who are you?"

"Oh, right," she smiled at you. "I'm Frigga, Loki's mother, Queen of Asgard."

A bright red blush crept up on your cheeks and you think that you've probably never been more embarrassed. "Ohh. I'm so so sorry." You bowed down.

"That's ok. I'm sure you just didn't know." Frigga laughed. There go your plans to make a good first permission.

----------------------

You waited for Loki where he told you to, under the tree just behind the palace. You knew exactly where this was from the thousands of times that he described it as his favourite place in all of Asgard. So far, it was your favourite too. It was peaceful and quiet since barely anyone knew about besides you and Loki. The bark on the tree had a golden streak running from top to the tips of the leaves.

"I told you it was beautiful." Loki wrapped his arms around you from behind.

"I never doubted you." You giggled and twisted around in his arms to face him. He kissed your nose sweetly which you loved. You pressed your lips against his and he lifted you up so that you were the same height. This was by far your most successful trip with him.