11- Christmas Party

First of all, thank y'all SOOOOO much for 2k reads and yes this is the SECOND Christmas story BUTTTTTT hope u enjoy!! 😚✨

TW: Kisses/ Fluff

"Come on, it can't be THAT bad!" Peter (Parker) begged. He had been trying to convince you to come with him to the Christmas Party Tony was throwing. You, however, were NOT convinced.
Last year, Tony had invited so many people that you couldn't even move, let alone walk. You had to get out of the main room as soon as you could but got lost and spent the night locked in a cupboard filled with Tony's old awards and what you could only assume was a stack of boxes filled with old condoms.
Of course, since then, you had moved into the Avengers Tower, gained much better relationships with everybody living there and become somewhat of a daughter-figure to Steve. But still, that didn't stop you from not wanting to go.
You shook your head for fifth time in a row and tried to return to mountain of homework, which was only growing bigger since the start of term. "Please just come! Who knows maybe you'll even have fun!" You span around in your chair and looked at Peter as though you just heard the stupidest idea ever, which of course you had. A grin suddenly appeared, wide, on Peter's face, "I mean, if you DID go..." he paused before finishing, looking up at you, beaming. "You could go with Loki."
"SHHHHH!" You threw a pillow at his face to shut him up. You tried to conceal your happiness with anger but what you couldn't conceal was your scarlet cheeks and the grin that spread over your face at the sound of your crush's name.
"Just a suggestion." Peter shrugged and laughed at the embarrassed expression on your face.

*****

"Don't worry I'll catch you!" Yelled the warm voice of the raven-haired god, standing 20 feet below you with his arms spread wide.
"Are you sure? What if I fall and break something?!" You struggled to hang onto the small window next to the HUGE Christmas tree, which you (unsuccessfully) tried to decorate by yourself.
"Don't worry I'll make sure you're safe and nothing will happen to you!" He fixed his face into a reassuring smile and found your hands loosening your grip on the windowsill and then, with great hesitation, letting go. You fell gracefully through the air and, just as you felt your whole life flashing before your eyes, you felt Loki's comforting arms tightly wrapped around your body. You opened your eyes to look at the smirk on his face. "Told you I wouldn't let anything happen to you." He winked and planted a soft kiss on your forehead. You felt like the whole world was melting away. Suddenly, you found yourself on the ground with everything, literally, melting away. Everything, including Loki, was slowly dissolving and every you tried to hold onto quickly turned to dust.
You woke with a start in your sad and empty bed, your body feeling suddenly colder now that Loki's arms weren't wrapped around it. You tried your hardest to go back to your dream but it seemed, the more you tried, the more awake you were and, eventually it was 7:00AM and you decided to finally get up and eat breakfast.
When you came down the last staircase, you found that you were not, which you had hoped to be, alone. You mood changed extremely quickly, however, when you realised who was sitting at the table, reading his book.
Loki looked up from his book at the sound of your footsteps and could've sworn he looked happier when he saw you. "Lady Y/N." He smiled up at you with those beautiful blue eyes you always dreamed about. You thought you were going to die right there on the spot when his soft voiced echoed all around you and made your body freeze.
"Hi." Was all you could manage to get out of your suddenly dry mouth. You pushed yourself to move forward and get a glass of water and, as you did so, you felt Loki's eyes fixed upon you. "Sorry, I didn't mean to disturb your reading session." You suddenly realised you were making a lot more noise then you intended on in the first place.
He just chuckled softly. "No, don't worry I was just in here because I couldn't concentrate over my idiot brother's snoring. Sometimes, I could swear he's right next to me, he's so loud."
"Gotta love these thin walls, am I right?" You imitated a gun to your head. Loki merely smiled and returned to his book. What. The. Fuck. Was. That. 'Gotta love these thin walls?' I loathe myself.