Epilogue 2 : Hostage

Jungkook's P.O.V :-

"Is Lyra okay? Are there any updates on the situation?" I ask, running into Lyra and Jin hyung's office.

"Good bust on that case." Jin hyung murmurs while typing something into the computer, without even looking at us.

I look back at Namjoon and Yoongi Hyung who just came back with me from a mission and see them as confused as me.

"But I don't want to know about how we did, I want to know if Lyra is okay!" I panic.

Apparently she's stuck in an hostage situation. I only got to know about it when I returned a while ago. Everyone was frantically running around trying to figure out things. Lyra was gone before we left for our mission, we didn't know that the situation there was that serious.

She still hadn't returned and it's been 7 hours, which set panic through my body. I mean, what if she's hurt or something?

I get annoyed when Jin hyung still doesn't answer me but keeps typing into his computer. The anxiety and stress wasn't helping at all.

"Hyung- what are you doing? We should be down there, helping her."

He immediately looks up at me when I say that.

"No. No one is going down there. We have other missions that need your help. Lyra wouldn't want you there. It would make the robbers at that bank more alert and they can resume to violence." He deadpanned.

"He's right, Jungkook. Hostage situations sometimes take days so we need to be as careful as we can." Namjoon hyung adds while spacing his hand on my shoulder. His point, did not help.

"She's a tough kid, don't worry." Yoongi hyung Hyung before walking out.

"I know she is- but what if something happens-"

"I'm trying to maintain contact with her through the gadgets. Sometimes , at times like this, I wish we hadn't gotten rid of that mind control device." Jin hyung sarcastically remarked.

Then I'm practically dragged out of that office by Namjoon Hyung despite my protests to be left alone. I need to be in that office and I need every update as quick as I can- why doesn't anyone understand that? The mere thought of her getting injured sends shivers down my spine. My brain decides to go on overdrive and overthink every possibility of this situation.

Not even an hour and I sneak back into their office. I have to alright? My life depends on it. Pacing around his office, I keep asking the same question once in a while.

"Hyung? Did you get any updates?" I ask again, not even caring if I sound or seem annoying at this point.

As he starts to answer, a voice is heard through the speaker.

"Agent V814 speaking, the situation is now under control. We got into a shoot out with the robbers but managed to stop and arrest them. A few civilians have been injured in the cross fire unfortunately. One of the criminals tried to escape but Agent H10 managed to stop him as well. We would need paramedics on the site immediately and transport to get the robbers out of here."

"Noted Agent V814, the help will be on their way right this moment." Jin hyung says before typing in something again and ordering the necessary people to go to the site.

"Looks like your girlfriend got the job done. And that's why we never doubt her, Agent J54." Jin hyung smiles.

"Now can we go to that bank?" I whine out of impatience.