48. Bakery

I find myself outside a bakery after a short ride.

"Bakery?" I ask as I turn around to look at Jungkook.

And it wasn't just a bakery to me. It held so many memories...celebrating birthdays with a cake from here,my first job, Mom coming here often to see me at work and what not.

"Jin told me this was your favorite bakery and a bakery is a part of our little adventure so..." he grins.

"And what business do we have here?" I ask with a smile, biting back the tears forming from the memories surfacing again.

I see Jungkook frown and tilt his head slightly to the side upon my question and he comes closer to caress my cheek.

"Hey you okay?" He asks.

"Yeah, why? What's wrong?" I blink in confusion at him, because of the sudden change in his voice.

"Nothing....you suddenly seemed down."

"Nope!" I smile and kiss his cheeks.

"Shall we go inside now?" Jungkook grins

"Will I get to know why we're here?" I ask.

"May.....be?" He gives me a mischievous look.

I hook my arm with his and with a grin, pull him inside.

I look around, absorbing the empty space with just tables and chairs, except for one.

I walk over to the table to look at the cake sponges laid out with frosting in piping bags and in a bowl with the spatula in it.

"We do need a cake for the special day, so why not?" Jungkook whispers into my ear while resting his face on my shoulder.

"Ofcourse, why not because Jeon Jungkook loves to be extra!" I grin while scooping up some frosting with my finger and placing it on his nose.

Jungkook shakes his head with a bright smile that seems to light up the place even more. His smile is a very warm one, it's so soft, it makes one think if it has a capability of melting ice cold hearts with minimum effort.

"Alright, we don't have much time before the next surprise! Come on!"

Jungkook goes to the other side of the table and picks up two piping bag.

He hands me one and starts piping out frosting.

"Wow, you're really good at this." I compliment before helping him out.

"I've baked a lot while I was a kid."

"You what-"

"I baked all my life, it's my thing" he winks.

I let out a little "damn" before looking at him in complete awe. And I won't lie, I checked him out during this time.

I was standing in a bakery that held memories, with this man in this suit tailored perfectly to his body who is concentrating on frosting a cake and he has no idea about how- no maybe he does have an idea about how hot he looks.

Get a grip already.

"Lyra?" I snap out and look at him.

"Yeah?"

"You were so busy checking me out that you didn't hear anything?" He chuckles.

"Wha- What? Checking y- you out? Pfft- what are you even tal-" I'm immediately silenced by his lips meeting mine.

I can't help but be a little greedy for more. I don't know what's wrong with me, I just know that I have an urge to be around him all the time. It's going to hurt later, it's going to be hard to leave.

But can you help it? How much can you help it? How much can you resist? Is it possible to resist this urge? Its unlike anything I've known. I don't know this feeling. It's so unreal, its unknown.

It's like stepping on foreign grounds. Its unfamiliar. It's like waking up in an unknown place and the only thing you know about it is that its dangerous.

Everyone who has entered this place has been torn down, ruined and demolished. Do I want that ending? I don't, but am I strong enough? No, I'm not.

God, this man will drive me crazy, making me break those walls I built I around myself through the years.

We continue frosting the cake, while Jungkook tells me about his love for baking and me, which caused my cheeks to feel like they were on fire.

And if you're curious, yes we did share a few more kisses.

Jungkook stands behind me, peering above my shoulder with his hands guiding mine to write on the cake.

"Lyra loves Jungkook; there we go, our names are there on the cake too now!"

~*~

Our next stop was our special place.

"I thought you would like to visit this place today, since you know it's been a while?" Jungkook grins and pulls me into him.

"Yes, it's nice to visit again." I peck his lips and rest my head on his chest while we stood under the clear starlit sky.

"Thankyou for all this, it means a lot." I whisper to him as we stare at the stars above us.

"Oh we aren't done yet, we still have things to do!" He chuckles and places a swift kiss on my forehead.

"How much did you even plan?" I laugh.

"A lot, a lot for you. They're just little ways of mine to show you how special you are."

I nod at him with a tight smile and glossy eyes.

"Hey! Look a shooting star- I've never seen one!" Jungkook suddenly points out.

I look up to see the dim light falling from the sky as if it's running away from something. Just like I want to run away from everything right now. It's like I'm losing my mind.

Is it alright to not be fine?

When you're me?

I want to go back into time and reject this mission. This is scary. Love is scary.

"Hurry! Make a wish!" Jungkook hypes.

I look up at him as he closes his eyes and murmurs, "I wish 'we' last forever."

Not that he was audible, I could just read his lips.

I decide to join him and star at the sky before whispering,

"I wish this never ends..."

But all I can do at this point is wish because we were never meant to be...

_________________________________________

* peaks from behind the wall * hi there....

- Sarisha🌈