26. Joke

"Are you sure you want to go?" Jin asks me as I get ready.

"You know I can protect myself."

"But what if you're outnumbered?"

"I'll reach out to you, have you forgotten my keypad nails?"

"No...but I'm worried." He rests his hands on my shoulders and looks at me through the mirror.

"He seems guilty, maybe it's not a trap. But if it is, I'll handle it. Last time, they were suspicious. They have nothing to prove that I'm what they are looking for."

"I know....okay, if you need me, you know to call or text me or even better, set off the emergency alarm in our lockets."

I nod and get out of the room when the door bell rings.

Jungkook stands there with flowers in his hands again.

"You look pretty." He smiles a cheeky smile but stops when he sees Jin.

"If something happens again, you know the consequences of it Jungkook." Jin speaks in a unwavering steel voice to which Jungkook obediently nods.

"Let's go?" Jungkook asks with his eyes twinkling, I look away before I have another panic attack and nod.

Before I leave, Jin pulls be back in and hands me a spray can.

Not any spray, a pepper spray.

I raise my eyebrow in question.

"Just in case." He grins and then helps me go down the stairs and to Jungkook's car. We keep the crutches near me while I sit in the front seat next to him.

"Ready?" Jungkook breathes with a big smile.

"Yeah.." after giving him a soft smile, Jungkook starts the car and we are off to the road.

~*~

The ride was silent and kind of boring. Because no one talked, it was kind of my fault because I wasn't answering or talking a lot so he just let it be but again, can you really blame me?

I'm pulled out of my thoughts when the car suddenly comes to a hault. I look around to see we are on a road with no other cars. We are close to the spot; but have stopped at the middle of the road.

I turn my head to Jungkook.

"What's wrong?" I ask and I can't even see his eyes because he is staring down at his lap.

"J- Jungkook?"

"Lyra..."

He suddenly looks up, his eyes not slipping one bit of emotion. It gets my guards up instantly.

He moves closer, until our faces are 'oh so close'

"You look beautiful you know?"

I visibly gulp, intentionally when his hand slowly glides across my jaw.

"What's wrong love? Why do you look so shaken?"

I look at him in the eyes, acting as if I'm searching for something. Something that would prove that there is nothing to be scared about.

"Oh...I guess I know why you look shaken up. Are you scared again baby?"

I timidly nod.

"Oh my baby shouldn't be scared. I know it's time but still."

"Time for wh- what?" I slowly, very carefully slip my hand into my handbag and get a hold of that spray Jin gave me.