16. Warmth

I look up and instantly I'm caught off guard when I notice his eyes peering into mine. 

"Jun-" I'm cut off when his lips engulf mine.

My eyes go wide and I freeze there. Its never gotten this far before. I've never kissed any if my targets let alone anyone. Electricity runs through me and goosebumps make an appearance on both our skins.

I don't even know how to kiss.

Jesus-

I look at him, eyes closed. He looked like he was savoring my lips. Slowly moving them, tugging and sucking at my bottom lips.

Confusion fills me completely, I try to imitate his actions. I pout and try to suck at his upper lip but I understand that I failed when I look at him after he pulls away.

He gently touches the side of my face with his palm.

"A- Are you angry? I'm sorry if you didn't want to- I- I- I couldn't help myself- I'm so-" he stutters away before I cut him off by putting my lips on his. Not a proper kiss but a peck.

His eyes go wide as I pull away.

"You- You-"

Before he finishes, his lips find their way back to mine, again.

Boi, I don't know how kiss! - I scream in my head and roll my eyes in my mind.

He again pulls away, "You are okay with me k- kissing you rig- right?" He asks unsure. I would have never thought that Jungkook can be such a shy baby boy and that I'd be the reason behind it.

I nodded pretending to be shy. 

"But you're not kissing ba- wait. You don't know how to kiss do you?" He suddenly smirks.

No matter how had I tried not to; the flush of embarrassment couldn't be stopped. I looked away genuinely embarrassed.

"Hey hey, its okay" I can hear him chuckle as he makes me face him again by cupping my face.

"I....am just glad that I didn't get slapped across the face" he grins making me snort.

"I guess so..."

"I could teach you how to kiss you know?" He bops my nose.

"Won't you like that?" I tease to which he winks and says that he would.

Such a flirt.

"Hmm...we will look into that later, now EAT!" I push the plate towards him happily because it's food.

Who doesn't like food?

~*~

With the dinner done, we sat on his car's bonnet, looking up at the sky. Jungkook pulling me closer, slowly and slowly. I wasn't cold, his body heat was enough to keep me warm. We were borderline cuddling at this point.

"Why do love the stars Lyra?" He asks out of blue.

"I could ask you the same" I smile.

"But I asked you first."

"So you should clear your point first too." I grin.

"Okay how about saying it at the same time?"

"Nah..." I stick my tongue out.

"Okay then, hmph....they've always been there for me. When I needed someone to be by my side and listen to me, they stayed there without moving."

"Even the sun and moon always stay." I point out.

"The moon dissapears at times...the sun is too bright...darkness is my comfort place I guess." He grins.

"Why so?" I ask with a hint of curiosity, even when I know the answer.

"I'm afraid that if I tell you now, you'll leave." He sighs.

"Then don't..." I whisper.

"Huh? What? Why- I mean, normally people let their curiosity get the best of them and force the answer out..."

"I don't wish to force you. I want you to be comfortable when you're with me. I want you to tell me things slowly when you're ready....till then I'll wait for you." I smile while pinching his cheek lightly.

I see his eyes glossing over.

"Jungkook? You're okay?" I ask with concern lacing my voice.

He takes in a sharp breath and I feel his arms caging me.

"Jungkook? What's wrong? Tell me?" I look up to him and cup his face.

He shakes his head slightly before muttering a soft "thankyou".

"Bu- But why? Suddenly? I'm worried, did I say something wrong?"

"No no...don't be silly. I've never heard anyone tell that to me apart from the hyungs..." he lightly chuckles while sniffling.

That was unexpected.

"But...what about your parents?" I ask cautiously, testing my limits. I instantly notice the flicker of change in his eyes. They cloud with a mix of pain, disappointment and a hint of anger.

I immediately step back into my zone.

"You don't have to tell me now. I'm sorry, just....don't cry okay? I'm here, I'm right here" I surprise myself by hugging him on my own.

His body relaxes a little bit and his soft sobs calm down.

"I'm sorry for being so stupid....I ruined it by crying." He tsks at himself while face palming. I pulled his hands away from his face and take his hands in mine that were bigger than mine.

"Don't say that, I'm glad you're comfortable enough to cry infront of me....you don't have to tell me everything. You should know that Hmm?" I rub his back while hugging him again.

Hugging him....doesn't feel exactly what I call foreign. It seems normal, comforting and warm...like Jin's hugs do. Maybe I've grown habituated to them, it isn't the first time we hugged. It's just the first time I've hugged him on my own. Somewhere, I felt sympathetic too.

I don't know why, I just did. He doesn't seem to be very close to his parents. I know his father is no more, he was assassinated a year ago for that device that was passed down to Jungkook and his group.

I haven't had much information on his mother though, I know she has been missing for some years now.

Jungkook seems unfit sometimes, for this mafia world. The way he shows himself infront of me, so innocent and carefree but again, never ever trust your enemies. They attack only when you are weakest and I don't want him to find a weak point in me.

_________________________________________

Hey there!!! Sooo here is the next part~ I told you all to not worry ;) I hope you didn't die kekekeke

Today someone from ankita reached out and asked me to enter one of my books "without me" in their inkitt fanfic writing contest, what do you think? Should I do it?

I'm not sure...

- Sarisha🌟