Pretty Girl.

If you don't want to listen to the song during the chapter that's fine but please listen after because it made me cry at how perfectly Cherry it is.

BEFORE PART 2:

CHERRY'S POV:

A FEW YEARS LATER:

The grass surrounds me, itching my skin, tickling the backs of my legs as I lay in it. My face, and body feel the richness of the sun, and the harmony of the breeze as it blankets me on the beauty of this day. I feel the wood of the acoustic guitar resting on my bare stomach as I lay here facing the vigorously blue sky, my eyes trailing to the little oddly shaped clouds above me that all seem to find weird meaning in my chaotic mind. I let my fingers dance along the strings as I lay in the backyard of our Malibu home. The one we moved into a year after Theo was born, right before we found out about Violet. I let my fingers dance as I play a melody I can't get out of my head. I can't say the same for lyrics that don't seem to come.

"Darlene Styles.." I hear his voice, my eyes pressed together as I lay in the grass. I tilt my head to the side to see him walking towards me in his house clothes, coming straight from inside. He just showered.. I swear when the kids are away, when Mitch and Sarah are watching them with Danielle, or Sandy and Easton take them out Harry finds joy in the simplest things.. He finds more joy in showering than being able to play his guitar without one of the kids interrupting. We always welcome that interruption.. Normally it's so they can play with us, or learn.. But it's nice not having it sometimes.

"Harry Styles." I speak back, my lips pressing together in a soft line as I smile up at him. He looks down over me, blocking the sun from my tired eyes, and I lock eyes with him as he stares.

"And what do you think you're doing down here?" He asks, and I smile.

"Writing silly nothings as I lay on the ground, and watch the clouds play games." I laugh, and he shakes his head.

"And how do clouds play games darling?" He asks, and I smile, not speaking a word. He knows what needs to be done. He moves himself down, getting on the ground with me. He doesn't lay flat on his back like I do, but he rests on his elbows, looking at the same sky I do.

"Clouds play games because they're shapeshifters. Once you guess their shape they slowly turn into another. It's a fun game, getting to think up what it'll turn into next." I smile, and turn my head to look to the side at him. He looks up, watching the clouds for a few more moments. I watch his side profile, seeing his eyes squint, the small lines that form right beside them as he stares to the bright sky. He brings his hand up to shade his eyes, but his lips curve up, a dimple appearing in the softness of his cheek. He turns to me, and leans down, relaxing his arm so he can leverage himself closer to me, pressing his lips to mine as he holds my cheek.

"What's your favorite color today Cherry?" He asks softly, and I smile, feeling the words as he speaks them.

"Sky blue... What's your?" I ask.

"Grassy green." He tells me, leaning down once more to kiss me. I feel the warmth of his lips enclose mine for a few moments before he breaks away, and I bask in the feeling they give me, even after all these years. After kids, and tours... after all the shit we've both been through.. They still feel the same.

"I can't write songs anymore." I speak up, still playing the same song I had been playing before, still having a hard time forming lyrics in my mind. I swear I have a tiny fucking brain...

"That's bullshit and we both know it." He laughs, and I sigh.

"So tell me why my mind has been dry as the desert the past few months?" I ask.