To Avoid Pain.

A/N: Trigger warning: Assault.

Violet POV:

I only pretend to like parties. At least parties like these where people are stumbling around, and everyone is shoving drinks in your face "trying to get you on their level." It's a bit tiring but I chose this. I wanted to be here, and to do this, and I do. No matter if I don't like it, it was far better than living with the judgment of those who never cared about me anyway. The people who only wanted to control me, and force me into their vision. I love them, I really do but I love him.. I know I do.

    I know I've had too much to drink. I know I shouldn't have anymore but I also know that's probably not going to happen. If I'm not having fun then neither will he and I don't want to have to deal with him when he's mad or annoyed. I walk around a corner, back towards where everyone else is, and I see Chris walk down the hall towards me.

    "There you are. I have this for you." He passes me a cup, and I look at it, and then back to him. "Lex gave it to me, he was looking for you to give you another cause he figured you finished yours... Which you did, so here." He hands it to me, and it sounds like something Lex would do. Get tired of looking for me, and pass it off to someone else to do. I take the drink and smile, taking a sip to get approval from Chris so he'll leave. He smiles, and shakes his head. "Why are you acting all nervous around me?" He asks, and I shrug.

    "Because you're standing here watching me drink something.. It's a bit weird." I explain, and he lifts his hands up in surrender.

    "Not trying to be weird, just trying to help out Lex." He tells me, and I nod.

    "Well. You did your job, thanks." I raise the drink, and he furrows his brows.

    "You don't seem very happy around here.." He tells me, and I shrug.

    "I'm fine. I just don't feel like partying... Right now I mean." I clarify, and he nods.

    "Thank god.. I don't either.. Want to hangout away from this?" He asks, and I smirk. At least someone else understands. I follow him until we're walking into a room that is a bit quieter, and my head calms right away. I set down the drink I don't want.

    "Alex might be a bit worried about-" My words stop the second I have lips on mine, and a heavy hand on my hip grabbing me so hard I feel pain. I try to move away but he pushes me. He pushes me directly into the door, and he slams my hip back, hitting me to the door, pinning me here. I know that will bruise, and I know I need to get out, right now.

    "Just calm down, Alex won't know." He speaks against my lips that aren't kissing him the way I know he wants. I try to move him by pushing his chest but he grabs my wrists too.

    "Stop, this isn't what I meant, this isn't what I wanted. I wanted to chill I-"

    "Of course this is what you wanted I see the looks you give me." He looks at me now, pressing his hips forward, and I feel tears well up in my eyes the minute I feel that he's hard against me. I want my dad.. I want my dad, I wish he was here right now. I wish he was here, I wish he was here, I wish he was here.

    "Please don't, please..." I beg, and he covers my mouth with one hand, slamming me to the door again. Every bit of adrenaline rushes through my body, and I draw my knee up, moving one of the only parts of my body that's mobile right now. I draw it up as hard as I can, and hear him groan, his grip loosening on me. I push, and run right out of the door, and down the hall. I know I'm crying. I know I probably look fucking crazy right now, but I need to find Alex because I know he's going to fix this. I know he's going to kill Chris. I know he's going to take me to his room, and clean me up, and hold me, and he's going to fix it. I know he will. I run. I move through the party, my heart thumping hard against my ribs, and almost right out of my chest. I don't know where Chris is.. I have no idea, but I need to be far from him.