⋆͙̈ 10.Pretend

࿄~ههههه~࿄

-

"She needed to get examined!!" Karasuma's voice echoed through the room.

Karma's conversation with him was going back and forth.

"No, they'll just think she's deranged and will do experiments to her." Karma reasoned.

"I'll make sure they won't" Karasuma argued.

"Oh what could you do? Nothing. "Karma rolled his eyes.

I sat down on the corner listening as their conversation goes back and forth. It was a never-ending convo.

"Well, at least let the whole class know first " Irina entered the room.

"It'll be better if we found out whatever this was first or to keep this to the four of us. It'll be a huge chaos to let people know" Karasuma argued.

"Meaning we don't need anyone else in this. " Karma grinned victoriously.

Karasuma sighed in defeat before lecturing us. "Okay but first, make sure you don't spill anything and come up with one solid excuse as to why is she living with you"

"Like you guys are dating! Isn't that quite a wonderful excuse! "Irina clapped her hands in enthusiasm.

'Thanks, bitch-sensei ' I internally thanked the female assassin.

"Well that's what most of people believe at the moment" Karma shrugged half agreeing to the suggestion.

'Things are going easier than I thought it would' I sighed as I followed Karma out of the room.

"Okay, where to go now, Mr. Aspiring Bearucrat?" I asked.

"Home" he replied shortly. I nodded and decided to follow. "Pretend, pretend, pretend" he kept on mumbling to himself. That even I get scared.

'Jeez, what's wrong with you?'

We hopped off the car and went inside, it's just like how I remembered it was. The modern house, gold and black designed interior.

"If you didn't want to, you could just abandon me" I suggested.

"Heh? Someone could get you on the streets, who would like that?" He teased.

'There he is.'

My sweatdropped as I waved him off, he laughed at me and stuck out his tongue. I strolled in the hallways to a way too familiar room. I stepped in, inhaling the summer breeze from an open window.

"Karma sure do live with luxury" I said to myself as I flopped myself down onto the bed. "I love him so much..." I love him so much that whatever he does amuses me.

"I wonder how the next days will turn out"

~~

Definitely, nothing good. Karma's playful personality took over, covering up his stress over something, as his pranks and insults gets worsen.

"I know I'm short! Didn't have to rub your height on my face!" I growled as I threw a book at his face but he caught it, unfortunately.

"Where's the fun in just accepting something so easy?" He giggled mischevously as the book hit me square on the face.

"Karma, just a question" I called as I placed the book onto the wooden table, his stare shifted onto me once again as he hummed letting me know he's on all ears, "Why didn't the librarian kick us out even when we're being loud?"

"First, you're the only one being loud.
Two, she have a crush on me" he replied chuckling as he glanced at the woman at the counter, the woman shamelessly giggled but Karma ignored her.

"Eww, is she a pedophile or something? She's like in her fifty's" I scrunched up my nose in disgust as Karma laughed at my action giving me a head pat which causes the old lady to glare at me.

I took a hold of his hand, "Karma, mind knowing why the first word I told were ‘Can I kiss you?’?"

"Ahh yeah that. I've connected the dots and found out you love me so much" he teased flicking my forehead.

"Oh really? Or did you just heard me the other night?"

"Oh...wow" he grinned, amused by my question.

"It's not like what you think, I swear, Karma"

"Haha, I know"