8. The Monday after

*Becca's POV*

"Daniel, pleaseeeee" I poked him. He groaned rolling over to face away from me. I rolled him back and sat on his waist, straddling him. "Becca, you have three seconds to get the fuck off me." I shuffled around trying to get up. I did not have the strength for that though so I just kept shuffling, wiggling and squirming. His hand was right under my ass so I wiggled trying to get off it. But it just sat there.

"Daniel move your hand you oaf." I whined, wiggling around like a snake. His hand was super hard and crazy uncomfortable. Like seriously he needed to get it massaged or something. Then it twitched. I wiggled.

"Becca." I frowned down at him. His face was twisted in discomfort and he had practically groaned that.

"Daniel, are you ok?" I wiggled my way off his body and kneeled next to him on the bed. It wasn't that I was concerned but rather I was excited. I liked when people were hurt it gave me a chance to practice my medical studies. But just as I got off him he shot up like a bullet, grabbing his pillow and darting for the bathroom, the pillow rested at his waist.

"Daniel?" I waited. No response. Welp, I'll just go home then. I hate being left alone in someone else's house. Like, what am I even supposed to do? This is why I don't visit people.

I grabbed my coat from the chair I had placed it on and walked out of Daniel's room. Outside his bathroom, the boiler stood. I chuckled and opened it. The perfect prank. Turn off the hot water. But when the door to the boiler box swung open and I went to change the heat I realised the boiler was off. I could clearly hear the shower water making that muffled noise it does when it's hitting human skin. So Daniel was taking a cold shower.

"Daniel?" I called out through the bathroom door. He grunted a muffled "What" "Do you want me to turn on the boiler?" I called again. Pause. No noise. I looked at the corner of the doorway. Then a groan followed by a quick "Nope." I nodded. Strange. He wanted to shower in cold water? But cold water is usually displeasing because of the sudden decrease in body temperature especially considering the fact that cold water is usually harder than warm water. I frowned deeply. How strange. I mean, other people are weird but I would've thought they would at least shower in normal temperature water.

"Bye Daniel!" I called loudly and, without waiting for a response, I walked out his house. I had learnt my lesson from yesterday so I was leaving the house earlier. It was early Monday morning and I had school later today. It was around seven because I had gone to Daniel's early in order for him to tell me about Mr.Wall but he wasn't awake yet so I had to climb in through a window. He wasn't too happy about that but he was too lazy to do anything about it.

Wuss.

I walked home quickly and threw on some clothes. Just a hoodie and some sweats. I mean it didn't exactly matter what I wore. I would sit in the background silently observing but I like to put some effort in anyways.

I grabbed my backpack and slung it over my shoulder. It was spitting outside so I put the hood of my hoodie up over my earphones, which were wedged into my ears like crisps in some guac. I had wired ones because they look better. Come at me. The hoodie was just plain grey with my initials R.J embroidered in black on the breast and then Savage Bitch Becca in big black Fabrizio font letters. I pulled the strings tight so only my eyes were showing, threw on some hidden wedge sneakers because I was 5'1 and needed the added height to be even a fraction of my peer's heights. Yes, I'm short, I know.

I walked to school in the light rain, frowning even though no one could see my mouth. I walked across the field, passing students who were pointing and whispering as I walked past. One group of girls were staring and giggling like some deranged fish on steroids. I stuck my middle finger up at them on my way past. The main bitch in the middle gasped like she was an opera singer and I threw a ball of lint from the pocket of my hoodie into her mouth.

She screamed and one of her friends pulled a pair of tweezers from God knows where and they all began obsessively attempting to pluck the lint from the main girl's throat. The screams from their nasal throats rang like music to my ears. Except for the fact that their voices were a bit annoying. The screams were nice though. I stuck my middle finger up at them again and walked away, pulling some sunglasses over the front of my hood as if they were over my eyes for added effect.

Just as I was pulling them off, I got attacked. I stuck my hand out like that WikiHow page had said to when someone is about to attack you. And what do you know, the attacker is flung to the floor. I turn around, pulling my headphones out of my ears and glaring down at my attacker who was now laughing in a deep sexy voice like he had just been told a very humorous joke.

My attacker then sat up and I saw who it was.

That dweeb, Daniel.

He got up and swung an arm around my shoulder, waving at a group of girls who were watching him in awe. I frowned deeply. Why on earth was he talking to me? I felt wildly out of control and it was making me uncomfortable. He suddenly let me go and walked away from me, towards the school.

I chased after him, very confused as to what was going on. But then I realised this way I could initiate the conversation. This was better. I had more control.

"Hey, Daniel." I said, running a bit to catch up with him and pulling down my hood to communicate better.

"Was that better?" He whispered quietly to me, his breath tickling my neck slightly. It felt nice.

"Ummm..." I wasn't entirely sure what he meant.

"Me walking away and you initiating the conversation. Did that make you feel more in control?" He murmured a little louder than before. I nodded. How on earth did he know I needed control?

"You felt uncomfortable. I could feel it." He whispered. Once again reading my-

"Becca. I'm not a mind reader, for the last time. I'm just good at reading people." He exclaimed. Any eyes that weren't already trained on us were now pointed in our direction, trying to find the source of the loud outburst.

"Empath." I whispered lowly so he couldn't hear. But I must not be very good at that because it became obvious he had heard me when he removed his arm from my shoulder. I instantly felt cold. I opened up my bag and pulled out a spare hoodie, pulling it over the one I had on. Daniel leaned over, trying to catch a glimpse of the inside of my bag.

"What the fuck are you doing, Daniel?" I glared up a him like he'd just sat on my piece of cake at a wedding. He looked down at me. He's like 6 feet tall. Am I really that short? Good lord.

He watched me for a moment before chuckling lightly. "Becca, Why do you have so many hoodies in your bag?" I looked at this weird group of guys rubbing their chins repeatedly with their eyebrows high and their eyes in a squint. I winked and the whole group exploded in a frenzy of yells. Daniel watched this intently, a slightly peeved look appearing on his face before he looked back at me. I looked deep into his eyes.

"Why do you have so few brain cells?" I said. Then I ran into the gates and bolted for my tutor room. Daniel looked after me with this strange look on his face. He had a smile, but it was weird. Almost loving but not even that. Plus why would he have a look like that in his eyes? I must have just not seen properly. Especially considering I only saw it as I was running round the corner.

Yeah. Let's go with I didn't see.