Syrupy Eyes and Bloodied Lips

Porsche's POV:

"Go ahead in line. I'm going to head to the washroom first," Kinn said.

We had already agreed on a place to eat. My stomach's emptiness was heightened by the rush of delicious smells enticing my nose as we approached the food court. I nodded to him and joined the long file of hungry people. Slowly, the line was shortening, and Kinn still hadn't returned from the bathroom. He's taking his sweet ass time.

Eventually, it was my turn to order. The bastard still wasn't here. Not knowing what he liked, I ordered chicken and basil with rice for both of us. I collected our food and found an isolated table in a corner backing up to the wall. I set our trays on the table.

Irritated, I went to see what the fuck was taking him so long. Stomping to the bathroom, I saw the door swing open and Kinn stumble out. He had a red bruise forming next to his mouth and strands of hair sticking out like the bristles of a broom that'd been fucked up. His flawlessly ironed shirt was ruined with wrinkles. Top buttons loosened from their threads, exposing a muscular chest beaded with sweat. Panting, he crashed against the wall and clutched his chest.

I rushed to his side, not knowing what to do. "What the hell happened?" I asked.

Is he fight-prone?

Kinn swallowed a large breath and sank to the floor. He spread his legs out and rested. He moved his hand to his wrist and counted to himself. Was it necessary to check his pulse?

"Kinn," I said strongly.

I wasn't as satisfied to see him injured as I thought I'd be. Jealousy festered in the pit of my growling stomach. After every attempt I'd made to punch him, and some random asshole in the bathroom beat me to it.

Kinn noticed the detaching buttons on his shirt and growled. Carefully, he removed them and tucked them in his shirt pocket. "Just some disagreement," he said.

"Disagreement my ass! Did you try to look at someone's dick or something?"

Kinn laughed and held his stomach with a grimace. "Nothing like that," he clarified.

I knelt down and offered my hands, to which he dismissed by pushing them away. "Are you always this vague when you answer questions?" I stood back up and sighed.

"When it's not someone's business, yes," he said as he smeared blood from the corner of his lips with his fingers.

"You got beaten up, and I'm your bodyguard. That makes it my business."

This was the last thing I needed. With a bruise on Kinn's face, speculation would certainly not be in my favor. We'd need to get some makeup to hide it. If my dad saw photos without proper context, I'd be done for.

"You're not my bodyguard," Kinn said. "You're posing as one and doing a piss poor job at that."

Bastard.

"I could be a good bodyguard. I just don't want to be yours."

I would've taken literally anyone else. I'd even choose Tonhon over Kinn, and Tonhon had some serious anger problems.

Kinn looked like he had more to say, but he didn't bother to refute me. He slowly stood up with a giant groan. "Alright. Meal time," he said while rubbing his hands together.

"Forget food. You need ice," I insisted.

As strong as he tried to present, he looked pitifully ridiculous. Pride was keeping him from getting medical attention.