A Realization

Kinn's Point of View:

Great light beamed into the dark shades of my eyes, announcing that the sun had risen and was waiting for me to spend another day learning useless information about numbers and chemicals. Faint songs of happy birds blended with the boisterous honking of cars in traffic. My arms crawled to the sides and braced my chest from my plush mattress, but my heavy body sank me back to comfort. It was hard to wake up when my blanket was embracing a nice warmth that could easily ease me back to slumber.

It took all of my mental strength to pry my eyes open and read the neon-green numbers lit on my alarm clock. Time wasn't in my favor.

Cracking my neck, I heaved myself up like I'd just done three hundred situps and bumped my back against my plump pillow. With a short yawn, I cleaned the crust from my eyes that I always hated to touch. I flicked the gross shit from my eyes, cringing as it flew to the ground, and wiped my hand on my bed sheet.

That was when I felt a rustling from the spot next to me, bouncing the mattress at the movement. I glanced down and saw a mop of bleached-blonde hair splayed on my bed.

Oh, right. Last night was fun.

I recalled the events from last night, licking my lips at the reminded taste of liquor and saliva. After such a stressful week, railing a cute stranger shivering in ecstasy was exactly what I needed to take the edge off. Sex was my way of ignoring the world and enjoying a thrilling rush of pent up adrenaline. Since I hadn't been running or fighting nearly as often as I usually would, this was the best way to release that, not to mention it was just fun.

The guy in my bed was a decent lay. His scent was too sour, and he used too much teeth at times, but his delightful moans made up for what he lacked in skill. If only there were anonymous online reviews you could write on people's bedroom skills. It'd really help people and do me a giant favor.

He shifted towards me, I could see the face that was fuzzy in my memory. A pair of full lips perfectly shaped for sucking were parted. His soft cheeks made him look like the kind of guy I'd bring to my dad and know that he'd be liked. There was a subtle sweetness in the way his bangs framed his face, giving him a youthful glow. Cute was totally my type.

What's his name again?

"Hey." I shook his shoulder.

"Mhm?" He didn't bother to so much as flinch.

"Get up. I have class soon," I said sternly, not in the mood to deal with a one-night-stand. Normally, I'd try to get a few more rounds of him before sending him back to the streets he came from. And if I'd woken up earlier, I might've done so just to start my day with a bang.

Exhaling lightly, he snuggled deeper in the bed, hugging himself tightly as he smacked his lips together. "Your bed is comfy. How can you ask me to leave it so soon?" he asked in a tired voice.

I yanked the blanket off and flung it to the ground. "Like that."

That immediately got him to sit up. Huffing, his lower lip pouted as he shot me sad, weary eyes. "Some host you are."

"I'm not majoring in hospitality," I retorted.

I crawled out of my bed and stretched my arms towards the ceiling with a giant yawn. My tensed muscles relaxed at the pull. I needed coffee to truly wake my foggy brain up from last night's activities to push me through the day. Otherwise, I was bound to drift off in math class.

"By the way," he said, reaching down to gather the abandoned blanket. He tightly hugged the fuzzy material against his bare skin. Giving me a sleepy smile, he continued. "You were incredible last night. Did you want to maybe do this again sometime?" The blonde nuzzled his face in the fabric.