Bitter Reunion

Kinn's POV:

Restaurants were only enjoyable when I could hear myself thinking. I never liked being tortured by the conversations from people three tables over. It was too distracting, and sometimes, downright irritating. So, when Tan and Bun invited me to a nice place near campus, I was touched that they were being thoughtful considering their usual restaurant of choice. The soothing ambiance distracted me from being bothered that I was waiting for them at the booth already.

It had been almost six months since I'd last seen them. We had lost touch after the incident. I didn't take it personally. Each of us had our own way of coping with what happened, and to this day, I was still in a state of shock.

Reflecting on that, I had seen Tan a week ago. That cocky asshole thought it'd be fun to tango with danger and attempt to intervene in my personal life. What was worse was that he spoke to Porsche.

There were many people I did not want Tan to talk to, but Porsche was the largest threat. The closer he got to Porsche, the closer the new world I built for myself would collapse. In Pairing with him, my plan of living inconspicuously was challenged. Techno's involvement in our rivalry didn't help. The sooner both of them were out of my life the better.

Tan and Bun, two idiots in love, were holding hands as they approached the booth. Tan allowed Bun to settle opposite of me first and sat on the outer part after his boyfriend was situated.

"Hey! Long time no see," Bun greeted warmly. He picked the napkin from the table and neatly set it on his lap.

Tan, on the other hand, took his napkin and placed it aside.

I nodded. "It's been quite some time. I trust you're holding up well," I said politely.

It was weird meeting after so long. I had forgotten how to speak to them.

Tan laughed lightly and rested his arm on Bun's shoulder. "It's been hectic, but we're managing."

Bun agreed and leaned in to Tan's touch.

"How about you? What's BU like? Is it as prestigious as advertised?" Bun asked.

I sat up in my seat and crossed my arms over my chest. "It's even grander. The canteen serves European cuisine. I didn't know French people ate snails."

I wasn't used to the lavish lifestyle. People loved their designer bags and clothing. They had fancy cars and the latest technology. Compared to my no-name clothes, I stuck out like a black dot on a white page. As pretentious as it was, I admittedly enjoyed the school's luxuries. All I had to do was ignore the snide remarks from people that I passed by.

"Sounds like you're enjoying yourself," Bun said with a little smile. He picked up the glass of customary water and took a short sip.

"Who wouldn't?" I asked.

Tan smirked. "Any guys to enjoy?"

I had satisfied my fill with quite a few guys since attending the University, but I didn't dare mess with the students. That was drama waiting to happen. However, there were a few pleasant bars nearby.

"Oh, right. Tan told me you made a new friend," Bun said as he set the glass aside.

I glared at Tan. "Ah, yes. Sharp spoke to him" I said in an irked tone. He was lucky that we were having this conversation in a public space.

Bun giggled. "You still use that alias?" He turned to look at Tan with a happy frown.

Tan shrugged and smiled proudly at his success. "It works. Got his new pal to like me," he teased.