Unexpected

Porsche's POV:

I stormed out of my dorm room, clenched fists and a shiny ring stuffed in my pockets. After all we'd been through together, all the things we'd done together, I'd foolishly believed we'd trusted one another in the relationship. Apparently, Kinn couldn't bother to tell me a very important part of his life.

Ping!

A violent vibration danced in my pants, but I was in no rush to pick it up.

Ping! Ping! Ping!

"Fucking-" I tugged out my phone, irritated by the repeated messages only to see something much worse on my screen.

"Kinn Seen Entering Abandoned Warehouse with Mystery Guy. Still There Now!"

Techno was always lying or bending the truth. I knew that. But that didn't stop my heart from pounding tremendously and my body to quiver. Overwhelmed by a roller coaster of emotions, I looked at the photo of the building. It was one I recognized, not too far from campus. And I sure as hell was going to it.

This was just like Kinn. While I was aware that we hadn't established an official relationship, I was under the impression that we were on our way there. Honestly, it really fucking hurt to read that he was still messing around. In part, I was to blame for not being upfront with what I was looking for in our relationship, but he was also to blame for not being upfront with his intentions. If he didn't take me seriously then why was he so nice to me? Was he really telling me that all those sweet kisses and kind words were...lies? Fun things to fill up time?

I started analyzing his intentions. Perhaps, I was right all along. Kinn never did like me and was only playing with me for his advantage. This was like some convoluted chess game, and I was just figuring out why he was placing his pawn where he was. But it was too late. I had already been played into a checkmate.

Slamming the doors open, I stormed into the warehouse, ready to catch him doing who the hell knew what. Quickly, I was engulfed with darkness. Boxes decorated with cobwebs scattered throughout the room, stacked up to the ceiling. The eeriness crept an uncomfortable shiver down my spine to my toes.

Walking around, light shone through the tall windows, covering the shadows of the building. The sound of my footsteps traveled around the room. Adrenaline pumped in my veins with each step. Something wasn't right.

Oddly enough, the strange feeling crawling around my body reminded me of the warehouses my father would take me to for bodyguard training. My lips quivered at the anticipation of danger. There was a vital difference between my father's training and now. No matter how scary the situation seemed to be, I always knew that I wasn't in any actual harm.

As I sleuthed around, I hyper-focused on the sounds inside, my heavy breathing, my footsteps, the soft breeze brushing against the windows. Stacks and stacks of large crates filled the space, some perfectly tall and others more crooked.

A subtle shuffling of feet trudged behind me. Instinctually, I turned around and ducked, dodging the swinging arm of the man in a black mask.

He swung a right hook to my cheek. I blocked it and drove my fist to his jaw. The offender staggered back, holding his chin and glaring at me with red, familiar eyes. Angrily, he fished a knife from his pocket. Why did I recognize his eyes?

I gulped. Realization set in that this was a mortal situation. The only way I was making it out alive was to fight. Wielding his knife, he soared the weapon mightily in the air before driving it towards my neck. Swiftly, I caught his wrist. I jammed the man's arm, causing him to drop the knife to the ground with a clang.