THREE

_________________________________________________

     It was dark by the time (Y/N) was released from the infirmary and was allowed to go back to her own room. She didn't really have any other major injuries further than bruising and aching, and the large gash on her calf, but she couldn't really care less. She was scared for that blonde Alpha. Kek had returned to the nursery with scratches and cuts, but they seemed fine otherwise and delighted to see that (Y/N) was okay, but even more so when Sero promptly threw himself into the water to get to them.

     As she headed to her own room her mind still lingered on the other Alpha. Sure, the mermaid had initially tried to fold her like a fucking box -and fuck was her back killing her-, but the more she thought about it, the more she wondered if the mermaid was just trying to interact with them? It was an alpha after all and most humans tended to stray away from them, and it made sense he had been a bit aggressive to her because, hell, she was cursing and kicking at the poor mermaid, and he might have been just confused as to why she had acted out as much.

     She sighed tossing around in her bed, throwing her arms over her face.

     The light from the moon was seeping in through the large glass panels on the outer walls of her room, casting a silver glow across her bed. She usually loved it; the way the light of the moon penetrated the water in magic beams, illuminating the ocean in soft strobes. However, tonight as she rolled over to face the glass windows, she was met with an eerie, never-ending expanse of empty ocean.

     It was so quiet, too quiet. She usually loved the silence the ocean provided. She could watch a movie, read, study, and read a romance manga in her closet sense Mina liked to burst in so much. Her room was totally submerged in the waters, meaning she had an incredible view of the ocean around her. But today... But after today, the once so calming, hospitable and genial sea had turned sour. It was almost as if she had gotten too comfortable with those deep blues, and the cruel mistress that was the ocean wanted to remind her she could be a cold ass fucking bitch.

     To say she was exhausted would have been an understatement. But every time she found herself drifting, she awoke abruptly to flashes of those almond-shaped, glorious red eyes. She almost wanted to weep at the loss of something so beautiful. It almost seemed like a crime.

     Her entire body hurt, and she now walked with a damn limp from the pain in her leg. That stupid purple haired asshole doctor had had the audacity to give her a damn crutch. In which she had only smirked grabbing it and throwing it across the damn room. She had been tired, and in pain but she wouldn't be seen with that. It made her feel weak and right now she needed to be strong.

     She sighed closing her eyes again in an attempt to drift off to unconsciousness, but it was interrupted abruptly by a loud thud and some crunching. She sat up suddenly, throwing her bedsheets back just in time to catch a flurry of silver bubbles and what she swore was the large orange fan of a shimmering tail.

     (Y/N) was up and out of her bed in an instant. Her eyes glassed over from seeing the large crack in the center of the glass before her; it was a confirmation that she didn't just imagine it. She hadn't even realized she was moving until she had already marched from her bedroom, making her way towards her friends' room down the hall.

     Initially, she made a beeline for Sero's room, knowing that her sensible, yet passionate friend would be supportive of her nonsense plan. But after a series of hurried knocking, she got no response so, with a huff, she carried on.

     Iida was an obvious no go; he absolutely would shoot (Y/N) down in an instant. He may even tie her to her bed to stop her wandering off again. So, that only left one person...