TEN

We're back to epic cock-blocking (Y/N)'s Pov.

Also Mmmm.. Possible smut <3

_________________________________________________

     (Y/N) quickly found out that Bakugou was eager to learn her language. Not that she was surprised, but she was certainly impressed to see how easily the mermaid retained information. Not only had he learnt and retained the few phrases he had rehearsed from Denki and Kek, but also everything else he heard.

Although it was useful, it was also becoming a little bit of an issue.

     Now, (Y/N) was definitely a big curser, and the mermaid especially seemed to latch onto those words the most. He verbally regurgitated everything he heard, and it was surprisingly exhausting to watch what you said so carefully, especially to (Y/N).

     Bakugo was also hard work, especially now he was asking questions. It was like a vicious cycle; (Y/N) had managed to persuade Bakugou to go to one of the language classes, and then tried to make the most of her day by going to her own classes and catching up on her research, but then when the mermaid came back she was driven insane by the endless amount of new questions the mermaid had strung together.

     Nearly everything (Y/N) said to him, she was questioned back with a 'why?', or a 'how?', or a 'what's that?'. And sometimes she just didn't have the answer, she couldn't answer why she wanted to get a damn slice of pizza for lunch, she just fucking did!

      And that was another thing: Food. Mealtimes were becoming a problem. (Y/N) was sick to death of sushi, fish sticks, sashimi and other raw fishy foods, so by the third day she had decided to get herself a grilled meat sub. Great right? No. Because she had to share it, and not only did she have to share it, the mermaid didn't like it.

     He had chewed on his mouthful for a while before deciding as such and then proceeded to open his mouth and just drop it out in front of her. He even had the audacity to then roll over and pretend to fall asleep, so (Y/N) had to clean up his chewed-up mess.

Livid.

     It was made even worse the following mealtime when (Y/N) had ordered a kebab and fries because the mermaid did decide he liked fries and proceeded to eat all of them. Even when (Y/N) had tried to stop him, reminding Bakugou he had his own meal, the mermaid somehow promptly forgot how to understand her, shoved the rest of the fries into his mouth and swam off like a greedy hamster. If (Y/N) ever dared to deny him food, Bakugou would splash her, or try and soak her food so she wouldn't be able to eat it and offer it up willingly.

      Nearly a week had come and gone by now, and when Aizawa made a brief appearance that afternoon, (Y/N) was elated to find out their new rooms were almost ready. Her back was killing her from the float and although Sero and Shoto were by no means a bad roommates, and in fact were both exceptionally well behaved, she was still desperate to have her own space again.

     The news did involve speaking to Bakugou though about his tank setup. (Y/N) didn't know where in the world the mermaid came from, what sort of water he preferred – did he like freshwater? Brine? Salt? Did he like it hot? Icy cold? Lukewarm? Did he prefer it dark? Sunny?

     She would assume Bakugou preferred it warm, as the mermaid spent most of his time basking under the heat lamps. Sure, whenever he wasn't basking under a lamp, he was nipping at (Y/N)'s ankles and tripping her up, but he wasn't nearly as needy as in grabbing at her swim shorts or startling her awake.