FOUR

_________________________________________________

"Holy shit, (Y/N), it's huge!"

     Those were the fucking words Mina had greeted them with as the platform finally lurched to a halt. Now back in the open air of UA's diving station, the mermaid in (Y/N)'s arms was somehow even heavier. If it wasn't for Mina appearing into her field of vision with a large trolley net she would have toppled straight over onto the floor, face first.

     She had never considered herself to be pretty fit, and had never been dumbass gym junkie or some shit, but she had spent some of her day's off working up a sweat in the employee gym. But in the better lighting of UA, it was very clear as to actually how much bigger this mermaid was. And he was heavy, there was no sugar coating that and her legs was quivering under the strain.

     All mer were fairly muscular, fine-tuned from lives in the ocean. Some were bigger than others, bulkier, packing out their lean, swimmers' bodies with training or labor. This Alpha was broader shouldered with a chest that even put Mina's fake one to shame, and he had a much slimmer waist, tapering down in a gradient of scales to be the perfect size to fit nicely between—

Let's finish that train of thought there, please-

     (Y/N) shook herself once she had keeled over into the net. The net was almost like a shallow, fold up bag that was a mermaid's equivalent of a stretcher. It made moving mer around that much easier as their tails wouldn't hang in the way of the wheels and they wouldn't roll off anywhere. She went to pull herself up, but one of her arms was trapped under the mermaid. She tried to pull it free, but a large, surprisingly soft hand on her small elbow made her stop.

     She looked up, annoyed at first, then suddenly becoming breathless when her (E/C) hues met a the fiery red pair before her. Suddenly feeling a little panicked under that gaze, (Y/N) tried to sit up again, but the large hand moved from her elbow to the front of her wetsuit, grabbing at the fabric and pulling her down harshly against the blonde's chest. The action caused her head to rattle around in her helmet, a slight wave a pain going through her brain as she hit a particularly sore spot, but speaking of helmet, the mermaid was banging on the damn thing again.

And hard. With a closed, punching fist.

"Can someone—Ah!" (Y/N) couldn't even get her words out around the mermaid trying to split her damn head open like a coconut, but he didn't have to as someone else's hands were on either side of (Y/N)'s helmet.

     At their touch, the mermaid began to growl, quickly lashing out at whoever was behind her head. But the hands quickly retreated, taking her helmet with it, and the mermaid instantly stopped their snapping teeth. Those red eyes were back on her again, and without her helmet, she could see the blonde even clearer.

     He was just as beautiful as before, and (Y/N) nearly forgot how to breathe. She was immediately captivated by those crimson eyes, the gaze so sharp and cold it was as if they were lined with ice. She was drawn into them, past the hostile edges and towards the warm pools in the center. Those eyes told her nothing, and endless lava pool of mystery, and she felt like she was basking under a heated lamp before them.

     He was breath-taking.

     Until he sneered hideously, flashing some unusually dark pink gum, and banging her on the head all over again.

"OW, WHAT THE FUCK?! Chill! Ouch!" She tried to forcefully pull herself up, but the mermaid grabbed her by her front again and pulled her back down with an 'oof!'. She growled and repeatedly hit the blonde's chest.