EIGHTEEN

Y'all please

I can't even remember if I posted the last chapter yesterday or the day before-

_________________________________________________

"Usually, the man carries the woman over the threshold of their new place, but I suppose we can't do that."

     (Y/N) slid the trolley net to a halt in front of their room with a small grunt. They both stared, heads cocked in unison at the light, beech wood door. It looked just like all the others in the long hallway, but for some reason, it made (Y/N) exceptionally nervous. She knew Shinsou's room was a little further along, and her old room was more or less directly below, yet the familiar setting somehow still felt so new and alien... and exciting.

"Who's the woman?" Bakugou finally asked sharply, he blinked in confusion for a few moments and then frowned deeply, still staring straight ahead, "Better not be me."

"Me, you damn idiot, you just can't walk." (Y/N) rolled her eyes with an annoyed scoff, "It's just something a bride and a groom do."

"What's a bride and a groom?"

"Erm, well, when a man and a woman get married, they're called a groom and bride... or when a man and a man get married, they're both grooms, I guess, or when two women get married, they're both brides." She had meant to show Bakugou movies and video clips of humans being... well... human. But she had to wait until they moved into their room for that and they had their own TV. Bakugou had used Todoroki's tablet once and thrown it straight at Izuku within about 30 seconds of holding it like a damn Frisbee, so he wasn't allowed to use it anymore and (Y/N) had to pay for the damn screen to be replaced.

"Oh." Bakugou scratched at his head before tilting backwards to stare up at (Y/N), craning his neck over the side of the net. It would have been cute, and (Y/N) knew the mermaid was purposefully trying to be cute after the battle they'd just had that she was a little bit still tetchy about. It had been a bit of a nightmare to get the mermaid into the net, for he point blank refused to without (Y/N) getting in there to join him. It took (Y/N) ages to explain that if she got in the net too, then no one would push them, and they'd be stuck in the carpark all night. The only issue with that was that Bakugou didn't seem to care and had bitten her twice and bonked her over the head with his thick tail in retaliation. But, eventually, he got in the net and sat upright, tail curled beneath himself and hands reaching up to grab (Y/N)'s waist as she pushed into UA. He had sulked for a while, but upon realizing (Y/N) was sulking too, he had stopped and started acting all cute.

"What's married?"

"Marriage is, er, when two people love each other very much and want to spend the rest of their lives together. It's like a union, and it's basically legally recognized around the world. So, everyone knows your together I suppose, and that you're a pair."

"Why is that important?"

"Well... Erm, I don't know? It's probably not so much nowadays." (Y/N) rubbed the back of her neck before dragging her palm down her tired face. All she could think about was crawling into bed and sleeping for days, "But it's nice to do, you have a big celebration and stuff with all your family and friends. You give each other rings generally, and I suppose it's like, the height of people's relationships? Not everyone does it, but some people see it as like a recognition of their relationship."

     Bakugou hummed, "Will we get married?"

     Jesus Christ. Would they? Could they?