TWENTY-TWO

Eidolon and Sero chapter. You  don't have to read it, it doesn't effect the story.

_________________________________________________

     As it would turn out, Shinsou wasn't kidding when he said the mermaids would wake up and start crying.

It was Denki first, there was a loud splash and a thump, followed by shrill squealing.

     Hitoshi checked his watch and hummed casually, "Not bad, usually his naps only last an hour. Hey, we should do this more often, 2 hours is pretty good, he won't be nearly as cranky," His eyes then lit up, "I could play so much Call of Duty."

"You're talking about him like he's a woman on his period," Sero scoffed playfully, listening out for his own grumpy mermaid. His ears pricked in anticipation for Eidolon's voice.

     Hitoshi snorted a laugh, shooting a knowing look over his shoulder as he headed towards the bathroom, obviously not in a rush despite the urgency in Denki's noises, "You have no idea."

Sero's face dropped, "Wait, what?"

     He didn't get a response, or at least he didn't hear it. Eidolon's voice shouting through the door drowned out all other sounds and immediately he bulldozed past Shinsou to get into the bathroom first, grinning broadly.

     He had checked on Kek several times in the last few hours. Each time the two mermaids were in nearly the exact same position, curled up in one another's arms.

     Shinsou had come extremely prepared, that big box wasn't just for show. It was night-time now, and the soft lantern torches he had tightly packed were littered around the suite, casting a warm, yellow glow. Shinsou had explained that the lights were not only calming mentally, but during heats, Omega's senses were heightened three-fold, and the white lights of the rooms could be overly irritating and make them sick.

     He also learnt that, whilst changing the sheets, all the slick Eidolon was producing was nothing to be concerned about. Shinsou had grimaced and laughed after handling a particularly soggy pillowcase, cracking a joke about wearing gloves next time. The doctor explained that due to it being Eidolon's first heat, the excess slick was their body's natural reaction – much like when a human gets sick, their body produces excess mucus to get rid of it. Eidolon's body was just trying to sort itself out and subsequently treating their heat like an illness.

That also kind of explained Kek's scolding temperature, too.

    Later on Sero had gotten a hold of (Y/N), after he had been calling her for the past week, and she theorized that it was simply because Kek was an Alpha falling into a heat. Omegas were pretty cool in comparison body temperature-wise generally, whereas Alpha's naturally ran a lot hotter to compensate for their size and the fact they journey further and deeper. However, when a heat strikes, an Omega's body temperature spikes to around the same as an Alpha's, but because Kek was already an Alpha, their temperature spiked even higher.

"If the ice bath doesn't cool them down, give it another day or so and then bring them to Shinsou in the infirmary."

     That's what (Y/N) had told him. She'd been so nonchalant about it, it had eased Sero's nerves quickly, although she was pretty pissed when she answered at first. Slowly, things seemed to piece together and make sense, and although he wished Kek had told him about all this, he understood why they didn't. He just needed to be there for them now, that's what was important.

There was also clean bedding and sheets in the box, as well as fresh fruit and—

"Condoms," Hitoshi had practically launched the small packet at Sero's forehead.