1-Satori Tendou

~Story 1~
~Title: Roses~
~Character: Satori Tendou~
~Trope/AU: Seeing in Black and White Soulmate AU~
~Warnings: N/A~
~Word Count: 1180~

***

Tendou sighed as he looked in the mirror. He was used to seeing in black and white, that's how it's always been, and honestly, it never was a problem to him.

Until now.

He just had turned 21 and he was still seeing in black and white. All his friends had met someone now and kept going on about how amazing colours were and how nice Tendou's hair is being the colour it is. Tendou didn't even know what it was. Sure, he was told it was red, but what does red look like? Is it bright? Dark? Gross? Sparkly? He had no idea, and honestly, at this rate, he felt like he'd never know. Even his best friend, the socially awkward one, Ushijima, had just recently met 'the one' and could see colours. Everyone told Tendou that the day would come when it was time and it was still very early, but he was growing very impatient, but also was growing lonely and less hopeful as time progresses. He decided to go outside and get some fresh air. He put on some pants and a hoodie and grabbed his keys, wallet and phone, leaving his apartment and headed downtown. He honestly liked walking and feeling the nice breeze against his face, but it also saddened him to walk past gardens and trees and grass and not fully seeing what it really looked like. He walked over to a rose bush and picked one of the flowers. He took a sniff smiling a bit, before continuing on his way. He began heading to the ice-cream place he often snacked at on his days off when suddenly he heard crying and laughing. He paused, deciding whether he should bother investigating or just carry on his way to receive his cold and sweet snack. He decided to investigate, feeling like he had nothing much to lose anyway. Not like he really had something to do. He saw a girl sitting on a bench with her head in her hands and two girls standing around her.

"Oh come on y/n! Be realistic, there's no one out there that would be your soulmate. You are never going to feel love or see like us normal people!" the shorter girl laughed.

"Normal people?" Tendou whispered to himself. "It's quite common for people to not see in colour, ever," if only he actually took his own words into consideration. He approached the group and crossed his arms.

"Hello kids, whatcha up to?" he asked, catching all their attentions, even the crying girl looked up to look at the man who suddenly began to speak to them. Tendou froze momentarily, looking at her. She was actually really cute, even through her tears and her lack of colour. Though, he was use to seeing people like that.

"Oh, just cheering up our friend," the taller one replied. Tendou scoffed and laughed.

"Ahh, yes. Of course. Cheering her up. You totally wouldn't be the cause of it by telling her she'll never have a soulmate or anything, would you? Silly me," the two girls froze and were speechless. The girl sitting seemed to be shocked but thankful that he wanted to help. "So, you guys going to own up and scram or am I going to have to take this into my own hands?" he hissed.

"I uh... y-yes! We'll go!" they said before running off. Tendou laughed, but stopped when he heard another soft laugh. He looked at the girl on the seat and she looked up at him.

"Sorry, that just was kind of funny seeing them so scared. Thank you," she said, giving Tendou a huge genuine smile that sent shivers through his body. He could feel his cheeks heat up.

"No worries," he said calmly. "The names Satori Tendou by the way," he said, taking a seat next to the girl, slowly though as though not to scare her or come off as a creep. He has a habit of accidently doing that. But the girl didn't move though, letting him do so, feeling a odd sense of trust towards the very attractive man before her. She whipped her tears off her face and looked at the boys face.

"I'm y/n," she replied, smiling for a moment, making Tendou have that feeling again. But her smile faded sooner that Tendou would have hoped. "Why did you help me though? Not many people like me,"

"Well," he began, deciding if what he was about to say was going to come across as creepy or not. "I don't know you well, and we did just meet, but you seem nice enough. Plus, this might sound weird, but... I don't know, when I first saw you I got these weird feelings... that and also I heard them mention you hadn't met your soulmate yet and I know from experience, it's not a great feeling to be teased about it," he said sighing. Y/n looked at him as he looked down to his lap where he had his hands and was still holding the rose.

"I understand. I... honestly I kind of felt something when I saw you too, but I can't quite describe it..." she began. He looked up at her again and a smile forced it's way on his face, making her face heat up. "I uh... wait you still see in black and white too?" she asked and he sighed and nodded.

"Yep. I guess we're stuck in the same boat huh?" he asked and she nodded. He smiled again. "Well, maybe we can help each other? Or just keep each other company? I've been feeling alone lately," he said with a laugh. Y/n nodded.

"I'd like that," she replied, making him smile even more. He looked back at his hands and the rose wrapped in his taped up fingers.

"Here," he said, handing her the rose. She smiled and took it, accidently brushing the tips of her fingers against his. They both froze. Her skin was soft yet sent sparks through his body. Y/n felt the same from him. They both looked at the red rose between them- wait.

"...Tendou-san... do you see..." Y/n started, looking up at his face, gasping at the sight she saw.

"I do..." he replied, looking back up to meet her face, both of their hands still touching each other's. He admired the way she looked, her skin tone so perfect and her e/c eyes shining as they stared into his eyes. She began to giggle, shaking his gaze away.

"Tendou, your hair! It matches the rose!" y/n laughed. Red. Tendou began to laugh, not bothering to hold the tears back. Y/n began to cry too and jumped into his arms, holding him close.

"I guess that feeling was love then?" Y/n mumbled into his jumper.

"Well good thing I think I love you huh?" he asked. "Just so you know, you aren't getting away, I'm not letting you leave me know. You signed up for this," he replied, making y/n laugh.

"I don't think I ever want to leave,"

***

Author Notes

I love Tendou so much and this was just too cute. I honestly love this prompt for him and when I thought of the rose matching his hair, I was hooked. I'm not sure I like how I've made them meet, but this story is one of my favourite one shots I've ever written.