10-Wakatoshi Ushijima

~Story 10~
~Title: Trapped in an Elevator~
~Character: Wakatoshi Ushijima~
~Trope/AU: Trapped in an Elevator~
~Warnings: Claustrophobia~
~Word Count: 1568~

***

You ran out of your room, locking the door. You checked the time on your phone. You were going to miss the bus. You ran to the stairwell but stopped. It was going to take too long. You glanced over to the elevator. Above it, it pointed to the 20, then 19, then 18...

It would be faster... but you didn't want to go in...

17, 16...

You would get to the bust stop in time if you took it, but was it worth it?

15, 14...

It's just an elevator, right?

13, 12...

It'll be quick and it's not that bad...

11...

You raced to the door and pushed the button, just before it got to the 10th floor, your floor.

10.

The doors opened and you hopped in and the doors shut again. You could feel it begin to move and you gripped onto the handrails, breathing heavily. 'Y/n, it'll be ok' you told yourself. The elevator stopped again at level 8 and the doors opened. Your eyes widened at the sight of who entered. The green haired boy walked in and froze when he spotted you. It was the captain of your school's volleyball team. The doors shut behind you and continued to go down.

"Ushijima? Hi!" you said, gripping on the handrails tighter.

"Y/n. Good morning," he replied with a nod. The two of you knew each other, somewhat. You were the captain of the Shiritorizawa cheer team, so you two get to talk about Volleyball at times. Actually, he was the one who taught you the rules of it, so you knew when to cheer. The two of you weren't too close, but he sure was handsome...

Little did you know, he felt a bit more towards you.

The two of you made small talk before the elevator suddenly jolted to a stop, making you scream.

"Are you ok?" he asked, looking at you pretty much hugging the rails now.

"I um, yeah! I'm fine ahaha," you lied. To your surprise, he fell for it. Though, now you probably seemed liked a weirdo now. You both waited for the doors to open, but they didn't. You looked at meter and it was stuck between level 3 and 4.

"Hmm, that is odd," he stated. Suddenly, the elevator jolted again and began going upwards., making you scream again. It was much faster than it should have been and you couched down on the ground, still holding the railing. He came over you and looked down at your quivering face. Suddenly for the first time ever, he felt helpless. He knelt down with you and put a hand on your shoulder. "It'll be ok. You have me," he said. You looked at him and nodded. He looked into your e/c orbs and he felt his face heat up. He was confused as to why, but it only seemed to happen when you were around. The elevator stopped again with a loud bang. You reached the top floor, but once again, the doors didn't open. You just began crying. It was too much to handle. "I don't mean to ignore your statement from before, but it seems as though you are not ok," he said. 'No shit sherlock'. You knew he was trying to help, but you were too freaked out.

"I'm sorry, my fears, I just... I get scared in elevators," you muttered.

"That is why you always use the staircase correct?" you nodded. How did he even know that? "Is it just claustrophobia?" he asked and once again you nodded.