2-Hajime Iwaizumi

~Story 2~
~Title: Valentines~
~Character: Hajime Iwaizumi~
~Trope/AU: Friends to Lovers~
~Warnings: Slight Swearing~
~Word Count: 883~

***

You took a deep breath and let out a sigh. Grabbing your school bag, you headed out the door and headed to school. As per usual though, you took a slight detour up the hill to a small milk bar. As usual your best friend stood there, early again. You smiled and shook your head.

"Iwa-chan! I even left ten minutes early today!" you sighed, smiling at him. He smiled back.

"I figured you would, so I left early enough to accommodate for that," he said, smirking when you rolled your eyes and laughed. The two of you headed into the milk bar and he grabbed an iced coffee and you grabbed a f/d. The two of you paid and left, heading towards the school, talking to each other about just casual things. Today was different though. He seemed a little distant and slightly off. You figured it was because of the fact it was Valentines Day. Maybe he had plans to ask out someone? You knew you sure wanted to ask someone, but now that you were standing with him, you began to think about how maybe this was a bad idea and that you'd ruin your 9 year friendship with him. But the truth is, you really liked him.

The two of you approached the school entrance and were immediately greeted by your other best friend, Oikawa. He was running at you at full speed and you panicked.

"Y/n-chan! You have to help me!" he said, not even saying hello or acknowledging his other friends presence.

"Toru-san! What's wrong?" you asked. He stopped running, putting his hands on your shoulders and began panting.

"The girls... they're chasing me! You need to hide me!" you saw Iwaizumi roll his eyes. You laughed and pushed him off your shoulders.

"Toru, why don't you just tell them you have a valentine?" you asked.

"I don't anymore though," Iwaizumi rolled his eyes again.

"Your girlfriend dumped you again?" He asked and Oikawa nodded. "You idiot. You can't keep anyone shittykawa," he snapped.

"Hey! At least I've had a girlfriend!" he hissed back. "Anyway, I can't lie to them, they'd catch on,"

"Ok, well if anyone comes up to you, I'll tell them to go away. I'll scare them off,"

"Thanks y/n. But I mean, the having a valentine thing could work if you would be mine for the day y/n?" he asked, mostly joking, but it made Iwaizumi's urge to punch his friend even stronger.

"I uh... very funny Toru, but I have plans to ask someone today," you muttered, cheeks growing red. Oikawa smirked, knowing exactly who you were talking about. He knew about both of your crushes on each other but didn't dare spill it to anyone. That and it was funny to see the two of you scramble around, casing each others tails. Iwaizumi, on the other hand, his heart sank. If it were him, you wouldn't have told the two of you. He knew you too well. You hated having Oikawa on your back about guys, that and you would never have mentioned it to the person you would tell.

"Pfft yeah, right right. I forgot about that crush of yours for a second there," Oikawa winked at her and Iwaizumi scowled at the boy. You told Oikawa and not him? You began to blush and kept telling him to shut up. Iwaizumi sighed and began to walk off to his locker. You finally got Oikawa to stop pestering you when you realised Iwaizumi was gone.

"Shit, where did he go?" you asked, looking around.

"I think I made him pissed," Oikawa muttered.

"When do you not?" you asked, walking and scanning around.

"Good point. No but I mean, I might have made him jealous," Oikawa muttered and you looked back at him.

"How so?"

"Just, go find him and ask him to be your Valentines already. He's probably offended you didn't tell him you liked someone," Oikawa suggested, and you nodded, knowing that it was probably true. You finally found him by your lockers and you approached him, Oikawa staying behind to give you time, but not too far in fear some fangirls would chase after him again.

"Iwa! Why did you disappear?" you asked, running up to him. He looked down at the ground. He couldn't stay mad at you, not that it really even was a fair reason he was mad.

"I just... you liked someone and didn't tell me?"

"Nono it's not like that-"

"If you knew I liked you and you wanted to spare my feelings, thank you, but it would have been nicer to know,"

"Iwa it's not- wait what?"

"What?" he asked, looking at you confused. Did you not know?

"You like me?"

"You didn't know?"

"No! If I did, I wouldn't have waited until Valentine's Day to confess and ask you out!" you laughed, looking at his shocked expression. It quickly turned to a smile though as he opened his locker again and pulled out a bouquet of flowers, making you gasp.

"Your favourites right?" he asked and you nodded, tears forming on your eyes. You pulled him into a hug as he hugged you back even tighter, slightly lifting you off the ground.

"I love you Iwa,"

"I love you too y/n,"

***

Author Notes

I love Iwaizumi and Oikawa too much. I'm not sure how I feel about this story, it's kind of rushed and I kind of struggled with the prompt, but I mean it's kind of cute so that's something right?