3-Shinsuke Kita

~Story 3~
~Title: Taking Care of You~
~Character: Shinsuke Kita~
~Trope/AU: Roomates/Bed Sharing~
~Warnings: Minor Injury~
~Word Count: 957~

***

You looked down at your leg as you sat on the edge of your bed. Your left leg was in a moonboot after you fell down a flight of stairs only days ago and broke your ankle. You weren't really phased, except for the fact all your friends from the Inarizaki High Volleyball Team were there. You were their manager, and you were walking with them, talking to Aran, when you slipped and fell down. Atsumu and a few of the other boys laughed, before realising that you were in pain. Kita was there to help you up and take you to the medical office, with the help of Aran. You felt bad when Kita stayed back with you while you waited for the ambulance, missing his Volleyball Training. You were in hospital for two nights, both of which Kita came and visited, giving you snacks and even a bouquet of flowers. You were off from school for a week. Having a moonboot was a struggle of it's own, plus your parents were out for the week so you were stuck doing everything yourself. Luckily Kita knew this and came over every night with ingredients to make you dinner. You felt bad and told him that it wasn't necessary, but he didn't listen. That's how he was ever since you both met when you were first years and you became the manger of the Volleyball club. Plus, you weren't complaining, he was a great cook and you got to spend more time with your crush.

You stopped looking at your leg and finished getting changed, leaving the room and heading to the kitchen. You saw the white haired boy still making dinner, and man it smelt good.

"Y/n-san, please be careful walking on your leg. The doctor said don't put too much pressure on it," he said, not even looking up at you, already sensing the slight pang of pain in your ankle. You nodded, doubting he even saw it, and took a seat at the table next to the kitchen.

"Are you sure you don't need a hand?" you asked and he began taking things out of the oven.

"I'm fine. You need to rest your leg as much as possible before you go back to school or you're going to be in a lot of pain," You sighed and nodded again. He dished up your food and put it on the table in front of you.

"Thank you again Kita-san. This looks amazing. Are you going to have some?" he shook his head, taking a seat directly across from you.

"I will when I go home,"

"Well... about that... you don't have school tomorrow right?" you asked. He nodded, looking at you with a questioning look, not sure where this was going.

"Did you want to spend the night here? I mean, you keep coming over anyway, I just figure maybe it would be easier than travelling so far to and from my house every night," he considered it for a moment.

"It would be more convenient, and I'd be able to help you out more. Would your parents be ok with that?" he asked and you laughed. If it were any ordinary time, they'd say no, but when they heard you hurt yourself, they kept calling you, nagging you to invite Kita to stay to help take care of you.

"They'd want you to take care of me to be honest so," you said. He looked at you, slightly sceptical, then nodded.

"Then I will. I will contact my family to inform them then set myself on the couch," he said, pulling out his phone.

"And you'll eat dinner," you said, your manager instincts kicking in. He smiled.

"And I'll eat dinner,"

After you had both eaten, he helped you to your room again and you both watched a movie sitting in your bed. Kita has never really been the movie type, but being able to spend time with you without the rest of the team was a dream come true. You both decided a second movie, but soon enough you began to grow tired and eventually fell asleep laying on Kita's chest. He wasn't sure what to do, but he wasn't complaining. He turned the Tv off, leaving you both in near darkness and he shifted a little to get comfortable. He shook your shoulder a little gently and you let out a soft grown in answer.

"Y/n, do you want me to go back to the couch or do you want me to stay?" he asked. You blushed despite being in a half asleep state.

"I uh... I don't really want you to go, but you can," you whispered and he smiled.

"I did say I'd look after you. I would feel better being in here with you, so if you don't mind," he said, shifting again so that now you both were cuddling, your head still on his chest. He kissed your forehead and your face went bright red.

"I... I love you Kita," you whispered, regretting the words the second they escaped, but it soon vanished when he responded.

"I love you too y/n," he replied. You shifted to look at his face, beautifully lit by the slim amount of moonlight flooding in your room.

"Really?"

"Of course. You mean a lot to me," you both smiled at each other, admiring each other's beauty. "May I kiss you?" he asked, completely catching you off guard.

"Oh I uh I um... yes," you stuttered. He smiled and carefully put his thumb under your chin, lifting it up and placing his lips gently against yours. You kissed back, smiling into the kiss. It lasted a few seconds and was full of love and passion.

"I'll protect you forever y/n, I promise,"

***

Author Notes

Before I saw season 4, I saw the new characters and wasn't too interested and told myself that I would not be into ANY more characters.Then Atsumu and Kita happened.

But honestly, Kita is so underrated, he's so sweet and I love him so much. He'd just be such a cute boyfriend. This prompt was hard to think of since I feel like he's too innocent for some of the other ideas I had for this prompt, but this isn't to bad.