13-Koshi Sugawara

~Story 13~
~Title: Rehearsal~
~Character: Koshi Sugawara ~
~Trope/AU: Couple Role in a Play~
~Warnings: Extremely mild swearing~
~Word Count: 2005~

***

Sugawara breathed a sigh of relief as he read the email. Daichi, who was sitting next to him, looked over to the grey-haired boy with confusion.

"What's wrong?" he asked. Sugawara smiled.

"Oh nothing, I just got the main role in the school play," Sugawara said proudly.

"Oh wow! Congratulations Suga! That's awesome!" Sugawara nodded and thanked his friend. There was no denying he was an amazing actor, but getting the main role was a shock for him, but he was pretty damn proud of himself. Both his middle school and high school did a play every year. Suga was too shy to audition in middle school, but he auditioned in his first year of high school, only to get a background role. He had been an ace student in drama classes all of his life so as a second year he refused to audition from anger, but quickly regretted it. He had vowed that his final year he would audition again, and clearly that was a good call. He quickly said goodbye to Daichi and made his way to the cafeteria to get some lunch before making his way to the to the gym where there was a meeting being held for the play.

~~~

"Suga-senpai!" Hinata yelled when he saw they grey haired vice-captain enter the gym. Hinata ran up to him and embraced him. "We heard that you got the main role!"

"Yeah! Congratulations! That's so awesome!" Yamaguchi added.

"Oh, uh, thanks guys!" Sugawara replied as the whole volleyball team came to surround him.

"Yes, but more importantly, the main male role is accompanied by a female role," Tanaka noted.

"Yeah! His love interest, and rumour has it that they kiss," Nishinoya added.

"Yeah, that's right..." Sugawara replied, his cheeks going red at the thought.

"Well? Is she hot???" both second years asked in union.

"Well... that's the issue. That role is being played by a girl that's been in my drama classes all throughout high school and middle school. Her name's y/n. We've spoken before, sort of. I mean she always picks me for group activities, but outside of class we're like we don't even know each other," Sugawara let out. Tanaka opened his mouth to speak but Sugawara spoke again. "Yes, she's really goddamn hot! Not to mention really nice and funny and... I don't know if I can do this guys!" Tanaka and Nishinoya began to laugh.

"Wow man, I was only joking, but it seems like you have a crush on the girl!" Tanaka spoke, earning a slap from Daichi to get him to shut up.

"Suga, I'm sure you'll do fine," Daichi said, putting a hand on his friend's shoulder.

"Ok, but why are we only just hearing about this crush now?" Nishinoya asked. Before Sugawara could answer, there was footsteps approaching the gym and voices.

"Yeah, that's true. I mean, I've never really played, but I'd understand that it'd be hard," your voice echoed through the gym. Everyone turned to see you and Kiyoko enter the gym.

"Well, you probably already know, but he's really sweet. You'll like him," Kiyoko said, putting her bag down on the bench. Tanaka and Nishinoya gawked at the sight of two angels entering the gym. You looked at the Volleyball team who all stood there staring at you both.

"Uh, hey!" you said, waving at them all. "Hey Suga!" you added, looking right at the boy. Little did you know, you made his heart go batshit crazy in his chest.