luke

Michael and I went on a walk today. I'm not sure why he wanted me to join him, until we started walking.

He showed me the places he used to go with his mum when he was younger.

At one point he was telling me a story about how they went to the river and that's the first time Michael noticed there was something off with her, and he started tearing up. I felt bad because I couldn't imagine something like that happening to me.

So I sat on the riverbank with him and watched as his glossy green eyes stared into the water.

"Michael?" I asked and he slowly turned to look at me.

"Yeah, Luke?"

"Are you getting better?" I ask and pull my knees up to my chest, wrapping my arms around my legs. He shrugged and sighed.

"I mean, I guess.." he says and I frown.

"You guess?"

"It's gonna take some time, Luke. I can't just get better with the snap of a finger." he says sadly and I nodded.

"Sorry," I say and clear my throat and he stood up and I watched. 

He picked up a rock and held it in his hands for a second and looked like he said something but I didn't catch what he said, and then skipped it across the water. 

"Join me." he says and I nod, standing up. He hands me a flat rock and I try to flick it across the water like he did, but it just plopped into the water.

Michael chuckled beside me and picked up another one. "Like this." he says and puts it in my hand, putting his hand over mine and helping get the 'flick of the wrist just right' as he says.

I smiled as it skipped half way across the water.

"You know, you're not so bad." Michael says as he finally pulls his hand away and I smiled.

"Thanks. You're not either." I say and he looks down before back up at me.

"Wanna stay the night at my house?" he offers and I nod. "Sure." I responded.

"Let's go then." he says and we start walking back to his house.

*****

i have not updated in forever and taylor wanted me to so i did ! sorry if it sucks aha