luke

GUYS.  i really need a new cover for this story so can someone please help and if you make it I will dedicate a chapter to you or something

○•°●

The next morning, when mum woke me up she kept saying we needed to talk.

I'm not sure what about but I was still half asleep when she started explaining. But I heard her say something about Michael and that's when I sat up and looked at her.

"What did you say?" I ask and she sighs, sitting on the edge of my bed.

"Last night," she starts and then pauses and I ran my fingers through my hair. "Michael tried to take his own life." she finishes and my throat felt unnaturally dry.

"W-what?" I ask and frown.

I thought back to last night,  the sirens and ambulances.

They weren't for Michael's grandma.

They were for him.

"Luke?" she questioned and I looked back at her.

"I asked if you wanted to stay home today.." she says and I knew she was thinking the exact same thing I was.

It was my fault.

I just nodded and she stood up, leaving my room and closing the door on her way out.

I wasn't expecting that. Why would he do that? Was I that bad to him?

I want to see him, but I also just want to go back to sleep. I stuck with the latter.

-------------

The weight I felt on my chest was indescribable. It made it hard to breathe or even think straight.

Michael tried to kill himself because of me.

I know it's my fault. Why else would he do it?

I was taken away from my thoughts when the doorbell rang throughout the house. I forced myself to get up and answer the door. The person standing on the other side of it was one of the last people I would expect.

It was Michael's grandma.

"Uh.. H-hi." I say softly. She seems nice but I don't doubt that she will yell at me.

"You're Luke?" she questions and I nod. She nodded as well and spoke in a quiet voice.

"Michael wants to see you."

••••

i know this is short and i suck im sorry