口れ匚モ 爪口尺モ

Light was hand cuffed and taken away in an ambulance, only to be reported of dying from a heart attack before they even got to the hospital. I guess Ryuk had had his fair share of excitement and decided to go back to the Shinigami realm again.

Around me the task force were beginning to get ready to leave, probably to go home to their families and celebrate the end of the investigation.

I scanned the group smiling, glad the investigation was finally over. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed Matsuda jogging over to me, he was holding a small, rectangular, brown parcel.

"Hey Mirai!"
He said eagerly, handing the parcel to me,
"This is something from all of us, it's to thank you for what you've done with helping us out with the investigation."
"Thank you so much."
I smiled taking it from him.
"I can't believe its over,"
He said grinning.
"Yeah, it was so in tense I thought I would have a heart attack."
I joked.

We both laughedd,
"So what are you going to do now?"
I asked,
"Well, I was wondering if you weren't busy, then maybe-"

Suddenly the world around me began to wize and spin around and around, in shock I realised what was happening.

Please no,

Not now.

I'm not ready.

I can't.

"Mirai!"

I heard Matsuda's voice call out faintly,

"Matsuda!"

I reached my hand out to him, but he was already long gone. I tried to run towards his voice but I was already falling, it was too late.

"Goodbye,"

I murmered, sniffing as I began to fall and fall, just as I had all those years ago. I clutched the parcel to my chest. It was all I had left of Matsuda, of the taskforce, of everyone.

A bright light shone directly into my eyes as I hit the ground wish a thud.

It was my Ipad, it was playing the very last episode of Deathnote.

Sobbing I realised I was laying on the floor of my bedroom.

The house was silent, although nothing had happened at all.

Everything was back to normal, my memories of my family and friends came rushing back to me as I continued to cry.

A tear slid down my cheek and fell onto the parcel Matsuda had given me. I stared at it for second, then, trembling hands, began to open it. Inside was a picture of all of us, the entire task force. I remember when it had been taken, Matsuda had gotten a new camera and was desperate to get some photos with it, in the end the only way we could get him to stop was if we all took a group photo together. I smiled sadly at the memory.

I can't believe he printed and framed it especially for me.

I hugged photo to my chest, tears streaming down my face.

Why did I have to leave them so suddenly?

I feel as though they've all died or something.

Out of the corner of my eye I noticed a letter that had also been in the parcel. It read;

Dear Mirai Rai,

Thank you evre so much for helping us with the investigation the time you get this it will probably be over so I have one last favor I would like to ask of you,

Would you be my successor when I pass away.

Your highly intelligent and I believe you have what it takes to, in time, even surpass me. Your detective skills aree outstanding so please consider it.

Again, thankyou
Sincerely
Ł.Lawliet

I cried all night after reading that letter, I felt as though I had lost a part of me, something that never again would I be able to get back, and it hurt like hell....

My chest will ache,
My heart will break,
My tears will overflow,
Although,
Forever I will cling onto these memories

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Dear Homies,

Thank you for reading, I can't believe we actually hit 4 K, I remember when I went crazy over 4 views, but I never imagined that we would get this far. I can't believe its over already. Writing this story was so much fun, I really enjoyed it.

Thank you, and until next time,

Goodbye mah homies!

Yours,
Sincerely,
Emily