Taylor Swift (2)

(Ive had this in my drafts for a while so...)

(Covid doesnt exist and its 2021)

It was a rainy day in New York City but that didn't stop you from venturing around. You slipped on your boots and struggled a little to put your raincoat on. Nearing the door you grabbed your keys, your cell, wallet and your headphones leaving your lonely apartment. The rain wasn't so crazy but it was pouring quite well. Looking around you you noticed you were the only one walking the streets. Shuffling your rainy day playlist the soft sounds of Folklore passed through your ears. You hummed along to Epiphany hopping in each of the puddles you saw. Skipping down the street you were looking for your favorite coffee place, 'Karls'. You went there quite often so most of the people knew you and knew what you wanted to order.

The rain calmed down a little bit by the time you made it to 'Karls' but still was pouring. Before entering you wiped your boots on the mat and put your hood down showing your flowing y/h/c hair. "Afternoon Y/N, the usual?" Bruce asked in his thick New York accent noticing your presence. "Yeah, thanks bud." You said taking in that the space was nearly empty beside one person in the corner of the room reading a book. You looked over in the woman's direction, the way she tapped her index finger on the side of the book in counts of three every two seconds, the way her eyebrows slightly raised above the book captured your eye. A smile grew onto your face before you turned back to Bruce.

"Hows your day been Bruce?" You asked pulling out your cash to hand to him. "Good good, its been quite slow today though. How about you?" He asked as he gave you your change which you immediately put into the tip jar. "Im hangin in there you know, its been real lonely lately since Monty passed." Monty was your cat, short for Montgomery, he was an older cat. He was your best friend since you didn't really have that many friends in New York anyways.  You turned to the girl in the booth again catching her gaze towards you making you grow red in the cheeks. "I hate when pets die, its the worst." Bruce said trying to console you the best he could not noticing you were focused on the third party in the corner. "Yeah, I was thinking about getting another cat but I dont know if im ready yet." You said turning back to him. The woman sitting behind the book looked over it for a second time at the mention of cats. "I think you should, it'd be good for you." He said handing you your coffee. The woman scanned you up and down once more she noticed how you leaned against the counter resting your left foot on the heel of your right foot, the way you kept eye contact with the man in front of you, the way you bounced slightly to the beat of the song. She smiled before turning her head back to her book.

Both you and the girl I the booth smiled hearing this song. 'I can see you standin', honey With his arms around your body Laughin' but the joke's not funny at all'  "Would you mind turning this up a little? I love this song." You asked bruce taking a sip of the drink in your hand. "Yeah sure." He said going to the back and turning it up slightly. You mumbled along with the song sitting in a chair kicking your feet up on the table, that you were going to clean off after, admiring the paintings on the walls. The blonde hiding behind the book contemplated whether or not she should greet you or leave you be seeing you were having a peaceful time by yourself but with the urge of making a new friend she stood up and started walking your way.

"Excuse me." She said grabbing your attention. You hummed and turned around to look at the tall woman. "Im Taylor." She said holding out her hand for you to shake. "Y/N, its nice to meet you." You said shaking her hand. Obviously you knew who she was but you didn't want to make a big stink about it. She's just like any other human being. She shouldn't be treated any differently because of her social status. "You as well. So uh may I join you?" She asked. You gestured to a chair, "Of course." You said kicking your feet off the table wiping it off with the napkin. She smiled and sat down beside you. "So what were you reading?" You asked sipping on your coffee. "Uhm actually I was reading To Kill A Mockingbird." She said setting the book on the table after putting her book mark in it. You glanced over at it noticing how it had bright pink glitter on it. "Any good?" You asked with a smile curiously. "Yeah, yeah." Taylor looked at you with a soft smile. She was enchanted by you, she didn't know how or why but there was just something about you that swept her off her feet. "I tried to read it in school but I never had an interest in reading anything unless it was something I picked out. I prefer to write my own stories though. Ive always wanted to be an author." You said picking at the lid of your cup. You were evidently nervous because of how beautiful Taylor was in your eyes. You had seen pictures of her online but not a single photo could do justice for what you were seeing right in front of you. It was, in your words, Enchanting. "Really? Have you anything I could read?" Taylor asked curiously looking down from your eyes to your lips seeing how you were nibbling at your bottom lip. "I haven't officially written anything down but I do have a couple ideas floating around. I tend to write them down on post its. My wall is covered but I think ive found something way more worthy of being written down." You picked your gaze up back to Taylor seeing how she was already staring at you sweetly. Taylor nodded with a smile checking the time on her wrist. She panicked slightly loosing track of time. "I should get going I have a meeting but id love to read your stories sometime." You smiled at her and said, "Ill make sure they find you." she smiled at you once more before saying, "Im sorry about your cat by the way. I have three cats and id hate to see one of them go." You tapped your fingers lightly on your cup. "Thanks, I appreciate it." She nodded, "It was great meeting you Y/N." She put her hood up before walking out the door to the rainy streets of New York. "You too Taylor." You said softly looking down at the table.