Naya Rivera (3)

Based off of 'Marry Me' - Thomas Rhett (Not proof read)

'Nay stop squirming im almost done!' You giggled trying to fix her make up. She loved to hear your giggle so she kept moving. She had done her makeup for the dance that was being held tomorrow. She just wanted to try out some stuff tonight and you, her best fried obviously had to be there per her request. She smudged her lipstick and you were going to fix it but she kept dodging you until you pinned her down on her bed hovering over her. 'Ryan likes my smudged lipstick." She said with a smile making yours drop. Little known fact, you had a big fat lesbian crush on your best friend, but you were still closeted and she was straight, that you knew of. 'Well I dont so let me fix it.' You said as she looked at you with those pretty eyes. She scrunched her nose to think about it before she propped herself up on her elbows, her face closer to yours than what it was a few seconds ago. 'What are you gonna do if I don't?' She teased causing you to grow flustered to the point where you couldn't speak. Both of you had started to lean in as your eyes darted to her plump lips. Before you knew it you pulled away and fixed her makeup before her brain could catch up to time. 'Gotcha.' You said trying not to sound suspicious. When it finally caught up to her she looked at you with a blank face till it turned into a smile. Naya had always had a crush on you whether she had the balls to admit it or not. You internally freaked out  you had been best friends for the longest time what if you almost just ruined it? Thats when you realized that she had leant in too which led you to wonder, Had she felt the same?

Almost a decade later here you were sitting on your couch with the Wedding invitation in hand. Naya was going on and on about the little things she wanted and was going to have. 'I want it out in the country side with pretty white magnolias, oh and my grandpa is gonna handle the service.' You nodded holding back the tears staring at the invitation. It was too late. Sure you had dated over people but she was still the only one you had ever loved, not that she knew. 'Hey, hey whats wrong?' She asked scooting closer to you. You couldn't tell her the truth, this could ruin everything. 'Oh no no nothing, I just- Im so happy for you?' You lied making her smile and hug you as another tear fell from your eyes. You let out a shaky sigh and hugged her back. 'Im glad your my best friend.' She said shattering your heart even more. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Putting your flask full of whiskey in your black suit pocket you ran your hands through your hair. This is not how it was supposed to end. It was supposed to be you and her. You were supposed to be walking to that altar. You were supposed to be the one she loved for eternity. You sat down in the back row of chairs taking down another shot. "How you feeling?" Mychal asked sitting down beside you. He knew about your feelings for his sister and he really liked the idea of you two together, and he didn't really like Ryan that much either. "Ill be fine." You murmured putting the flask back in your pocket. "If it helps I think she's crazy." You gave him a light smile and said, "Thanks." He sighed as the whiskey really started to hit. "Mychal we have to go, Oh hey y/n." Nickayla said collecting her brother. You waved to her as he said goodbye. 

The wedding march started to begin and everyone stood up. You stood up and looked in the direction she was coming in. She looked stunning. As much as you wanted to be happy for her your heart shattered. She had a big smile on her face as she walked with her father down the aisle. George didn't look happy to give his eldest daughter away but he didn't know that he wasn't the only one giving her away. You tried to make it through without crying. You had only imagined it had been you up there and not Ryan. Everything in your body screamed no. 

You sat, downing another strong shot of whiskey, straight out the flask. Your ears perked up at, 'Speak now or forever hold your peace.' You poked your head up and saw eye ones eyes coming the room. Your eyes connected with Naya's as she frowned. She wants to see her best friend front and center, she wanted to see you sitting with her family with a smile on your face, she wanted you to stand up and object, she wanted it so bad it hurt but you didn't stand. You stayed sitting as you drowned yourself in whiskey. Mychal looked at you sadly hoping you wouldn't fall into a bad habit.

As Naya and Ryan walked back down the aisle she passed you with a smile, not a happy one at that. As everyone started to leave you stayed sitting. You tore your tie off and threw it over your shoulder waiting for the last of the people to file out. Standing up you stumbled over walking up to the altar. You stood with your hands in your pockets as the haze in your eyes settled. You looked out to the crowd with the empty chairs and slurred, 'I object.' Mychal rested his hand on your shoulder giving you a bottle of water. "Its a little to late for that Y/n/n." He sighed as you downed the water feeling a little better already.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Before you leave I think you should tell her, or atleast say bye." Mychal said as you two walked into the reception. "Ill try." You told him about your plan to move to New York. You had your car packed and ready to head off on your road trip. You were making stops along the way, you needed a new start and luckily you knew a friend who lived there. Dianna Agron. She met Naya on glee and you two became close friends. She now resides in Soho and invited you to stay with her. Unfortunately she couldn't come to the wedding because of a movie she was in midst filming but she made sure to send you a key to the apartment.

You watched from the back of the room, red solo cup in hand, she had on a nice red dress. She was greeting the guests, you could try and find her, get it off of your chest now, but you don't wanna mess it up so you went to go wish her the best. You drank the rest of the soda that was in your cup tossing it in the garbage walking up to the newly weds. "Y/n!" naya squealed hugging you tight. "Hi nay." You said softly taking in what could possibly be the last hug you'll ever get from her. "Hey Y/n." Ryan said holding out his hand for you. You shook it, "Congratulations." You said with a painful smile. They both thanked you before you said, "Can I steal her for a minute?" He nodded and Naya grabbed your hand pulling you outside the party room for a minute. "Whats up?" She asked. "Im leaving." You said flat out. She looked at you confused, "What?" You took in a deep breath and said, "Im moving to New York and im not coming back." "w-why?" She asked not letting go of your hand. "I cant be in this city anymore, I wanna get out." You couldn't tell her the real reason why you were leaving. It would ruin her day and hurt way worse. "But this is our city? We're supposed to live here forever our kids are supposed to be best friends and we're supposed to live in one of those cliche neighborhoods that our kids can ride their bikes around. We've had this idea since we were ten." You shook your head with your eyes close trying not to see the hurt on her face. "Im sorry." You whispered letting go of her hand and rushing out the exit doors. She chased after you grabbing your wrist, "Why are you doing this? On my wedding day no less?" "Because that should be me!" You blurted out. Your eyes widened and your face dropped. You knew you weren't supposed to say it but it felt so right to say. "What do you mean? You like Ryan?" You tore yourself from her hand and yelled, "No Naya Im in love with you!" You ran to your car leaving her shocked and alone. It was the only way for you to maybe be okay and live. Without the one person who made you the happiest. She was the one that got married. It solidified that she doesn't wanna marry you.