Prologue

Authors Note:

If you enjoy the story, remember to leave a star or a comment!

"Speech"

'Thoughts'

Sound effects
___________________________________

A dragon was trying to hide in the storm.

    Lightning flickered across the clouds. Hvitur clutched his fragile cargo closer. He had escaped the sky dragons's palace unseen. He already delivered the IceWing egg at the drop off point...

    Now all that was left was to deliver the SkyWing egg. He cautiously flew lower, careful to not drop the slick, wet, egg. Hvitur landed and slipped into the labyrinth of caves under the cliffs.

    Stone walls brushed against his wings as he walked along the dark passage, deep into the mountain.

    "I stand with the Talons of Peace," hissed a voice in the shadows. "Hvitur? Is that you?"

    "We await the wings of fire," answered the white-blue dragon. A blue-green SeaWing emerged from a side cave, and Hvitur handed the egg to him. "Here is the Skywing egg, Webs." He said to the SeaWing.

    As the two dragons walked farther into the caves, Webs suddenly stopped and said, "Asha is dead."

    "Asha?" Some frost seeped out of Hvitur's nose. "What? How?"

    "Caught in a battle between Blaze's and Blister's forces on the way here. She still made it with the red MudWing egg, but she died of her wounds soon after."

    "So it's just you, me, Kestrel, and Dune to raise the hatchlings," Hvitur sighed.