Chapter- 15

It's been almost 1 week, Naira had signed those divorce papers and flew back to India. After seeing her suddenly, Naitik grew suspicious at her unannounced arrival and feared if she had come back after fighting with Kartik.. but Naira refused and said that she was missing her family so came here to surprise them.

Days rolled by but there was no response, no call or messages from Kartik. Not that she was expecting it.

At present, Naira was sitting on a bench at their lawn.
"Why? Why can't I forget him? Its been a week to that day.. he must have signed those divorce papers by now. We are divorced! But why I can't stop thinking about him? Aur.. aur papa aur bhai ko kya bataungi main? They will break apart!" cried Naira to herself.

"Naira? You are here? Main tumhe pure ghar mein dhund rahi thi." said Keerti. (guys if u remember, here Keerti isn't related to Goenkas)

"Haan bhabi. Kuch chahiye aapko?" asked Naira wiping her tears as Keerti was 4 months pregnant.

"No no mujhe kuch nahi chahiye. Just wanted to sit and talk with you. In this week I was so busy with my boutique works that's why couldn't talk with you peacefully. So tell me how's your life in Australia? I want to know each and everything haa?" asked Keerti teasingly..

"Everything is.. fine there bhabi. My life was also.. smooth. They are nice people.. and takes care of me." mumbled Naira lowering her head.

"What happened? I have noticed earlier too, you seemed upset to me. Sach sach batana mujhe Naira, have you fought with Kartik?" asked Keerti worryingly.

"Bhabi, actually.." said Naira but got interrupted by Naksh.

"Arey, kya baatein chal rahi hai yaha? May I join too?" said Naksh.

"Haan Naksh. I was asking Naira if.." said Keerti 

"No bhabi aisa kuch nahi hai. Umm actually I need to make a call bhai.. you guys sit here, Im going to my room." said Naira and went to her room directly.

"Isse kya ho gaya?" asked Keerti.

"Zaroor Kartik ko call karne gayi hogi" said Naksh laughing where Keerti was worried for her.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

"NAIRAAA!!" screamed Kartik waking up from sleep at midnight.

He rolled his eyes in the entire room hope of having a small glimpse of her. Although he knew she was gone but didn't want to believe it.

He went to the corner of the room where she used to keep her bags. And also remembered how rude he was when he asked her to vacant his closet.

He went to their dressing table where she used to get ready every morning and he used to steal glances of her. He opened the drawer and took out her choora (red bangles) from there. He remembered how he yelled at her once for wearing these bangles all the time.

He realised her value in his life the moment she left him alone, with those divorce papers. He felt guilty because when she was around he didn't bother about her. When she was there, he didn't realised the importance of her existence in his life.
He never cared for her or gave her the time she needed. He always behaved rude and ignorant towards her and never treated her like his wife.

"Sorryy.." he said softly caressing her bangles and wiping his tears.

In early morning,
"Why he isn't signing the papers yet?" asked Manish to Swarna.

"Manish ji please, why are you doing this?" asked Swarna.

"I am doing the right thing Swarna. Ask him to sign the papers as soon as possible." Said Manish and went downstairs.

Swarna came to Kartik's room and saw him in a miserable condition. He hasn't came out of the room since that day.

"Kartik.." she called him and saw him sitting on the bed with those divorce papers in his hands.

"Your dad wants to know if you have signed the papers? He wants to send these papers to court soon." said Swarna and Kartik looked up to her.

"She signed them mom. She signed them." said Kartik with a heavy voice looking at the papers.

"Because you didn't leave any other option for her. This is just what you wanted Kartik!" said Swarna.

"No mom"

"I know you are guilty of your deeds son.. but now its of no use. There is no point, she is gone.. she deserves love and affection which you can't give her. Its been a week already, set her free from this useless relationship" said Swarna caressing his head.

"Mom.. this.. this relationship is not useless." said Kartik.

"Really? Just think for once what have you given to this relationship? What have you done for Naira and this marriage? She left her home, her family, her country for you.. she had dreams, hopes from this marriage life and you.. What else was she expecting? Just some of your time, your attention, your care, your love. She is your wife Kartik and she has the right to expect all of these from you. And moreover, no one forced you to marry right? If you weren't sure, you didn't like her then why did you marry her Kartik? Why did you spoil her life?" said Swarna.

"No mom.. I liked her" said Kartik looking down.

"No Kartik you never did. Think about it Kartik how you have treated her.. My heart used to pain seeing her shedding tears for you but you never noticed her efforts.. " said Swarna.

"I'm so sorry mom. I never thought that she was getting affected by this. The truth is I never realised the importance of marriage.. and I'm guilty about this Mom." said Kartik

"Marriage is a beautiful bond beta.. a bond cannot just survive on one partner. Sadly you never did anything Kartik. And now just sign the papers and divorce her." said Swarna. Kartik was shocked at her words.

"Yes. Thats what your dad wants. Give her the freedom she deserves." said Swarna.

"I don't want to end this marriage mom." said Kartik and stood up.

"But why.. what's left in this marriage?" asked Swarna.

"I don't know mom but I can't. I can't do this." said Kartik and walked away with the papers.

Kartik climbed down to the living area and stood in front of Manish quietly.

"So how much time more you need to sign these papers Kartik? I've waited for a week now I won't wait anymore just sign those papers and give me" said Manish. Kartik looked up at him questioning

"What? Sign them as soon as possible " said Manish.

"I won't sign the papers." said Kartik.

"What?? Why won't you sign the papers?" asked Manish

"She is my wife dad! And I won't divorce her." declared Kartik.

"Oh so now at this point of time you realise that she is your wife?!" asked Manish

"Yes I know it's late.. but its not ended yet. And I don't know why you both are forcing me to sign the divorce papers.. Im sure you forced her too to sign the papers dad. But I won't sign." said Kartik.

"Again, Naira will be suffering.." said Manish.

"I won't let her suffer anymore dad. I have realised my mistakes and im ready to rectify them." said Kartik.

"But it's late now.."

"Better late than never dad. I'm going to India tomorrow. I have now understood where I was going wrong. I will bring her back with me Dad" said Kartik and left the place.

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Eid Mubarak guys! Here is an eidi update from me as promised. I've been way too lazy since last year. Sorry for being inactive and keep you guys waiting for months🥺
Anyways guys things are difficult right now so stay safe and healthy!

Vote and comment ❤