Chapter- 8

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Everyone was waiting for the doctor to come. Meanwhile Swarna changed Naira's clothes.
Doctor came and examined Naira. He said it is due to falling temperature that she got fever and it will be fine soon.

Kartik, Manish and Swarna were all up for the whole night. Her fever has lessened but she was still unconscious. Around 5 am, Manish and Swarna went to their room to take some rest.

Kartik went and sat next to Naira. He couldn't move his eyes from her innocent sleeping face. Little did he know that he is the reason behind her sorrows. But there was something that attracted him towards her.

Kartik caressed her head with utmost care. He kept doing it looking at her face.

Suddenly his eyes stopped at her parted dry lips. He felt a sudden attraction towards her lips.
He touched her lips with the tip of his fingers as he wanted to touch them. But he wanted to feel more.

He ran tip of his index finger on borders of her lips. But he wanted to feel her lips now as he couldn't control further.

So he closed his eyes reduced the distance between them and gently rubbed his lips on her dry ones.

He opened his eyes and adored her lips for some second and again closed his eyes. Then he gently took her lower lip into his lips and sucked it for sometime. He did the same with her upper lips.

Naira was unconscious all this while.

Kartik sucked her lips for some more time until a phone call broke the moment. The loud noise of phone brought him back to the real world.

He pushed himself back on realising what he was doing. Kartik snapped out when the phone rang for the 2nd time and got up to receive the call. He saw this call was from Naitik.

"Hello.." said Naitik.

"Hello uncle.. sorry papa.." replied Kartik.

"Sorry Kartik. I am calling you this time." said Naitik.

"It's okay papa. anything urgent?" said Kartik.

"Actually, I am trying Naira's phone since yesterday afternoon. It's not connecting. I got worried for her so I had to call you.." said Naitik.

"Yes papa. Her phone is not working. Maybe that's why.." Kartik said a lie to handle the situation.

"Ohh.. Anyways, Is Naira there?" asked Naitik.

"Papa she is sleeping." said Kartik looking at Naira.

"Oh.. umm Kartik.. Can you ask Naira to call me back once she wakes up? I just wanted to talk to her" said Naitik.

"Sure papa. I will ask Naira to call you back." said Kartik and they disconnected the call.

Sometime later,

Swarna, Manish and Dadi sighed in relief as Naira finally regained her senses. She had little fever but was fine now.

Kartik was totally avoiding Naira because of the morning incident. But it was not something new for Naira as he was ignoring her like he always do.

"Papa called you in the early morning." Kartik informed Naira as soon as the entered their room after breakfast.

"Okay.." replied Naira.

"He was trying your phone. But it was not connecting." he said.

"I lost my phone" said Naira.

"Talk to them" said Kartik.