Chapter-1

"Come beta.." said Swarna while Naira stepped out of the car only to see a big mansion in front of her named 'Goenka Villa'. The whole house was decorated to welcome their new family member.

She had a warm welcome to her new house. Though she was very nervous but she gathered courage and did every rasam that was required for her welcome. She looked around the house. It was beautiful!

Kartik rushed to his room as soon as he stepped into the house. Manish and Swarna sighed in disappointment. While Naira found it weird.

Manish signalled Swarna to take Naira to her room. "Come beta let me show your room" said Swarna and took her to their room.

"This is your room from now" said Swarna. Naira looked around the room.. It was sooo beautiful and huge! She admired her new room while Swarna left from there giving her some space.

Naira was checking everything in that room just when Kartik stepped out of the washroom buttoning his shirt. He did his hair, wore his jacket, took his laptop bag and started to going out but stopped when Naira called him.

"Kartik?" called Naira.

"Hmm.." he responded not ever turning to her.

"Aap kahi jaa rahe ho?" asked Naira.

"Hm office." said Kartik and went out of the room immediately not even giving a look to his newly wedded wife.

She felt bad but composed herself thinking he might have some important work in his office.

Naira got freshen up and came down to help her mother in law in kitchen.

"What should I cook maa?" Naira asked as it was her pehli rasoi in the house and she had to make something sweet for the family.

"Your wish beta.." replied Swarna caressing her head lovingly.

"Kartik ko meethe mein kya pasand hai Maa?" asked Naira shyly.

Swarna smiled and said "He doesn't eat sweets that much but haan.. he likes Gajar Ka Halwa. You can make that"

Naira prepared gajar ka halwa for everyone and served it to Manish, Swarna and Dadi..

"When will Kartik return?" Naira asked when everyone started to eat. Manish and Swarna lowered their head in disappointment but Dadi somehow managed the situation.

"Soon.." said Dadi. Naira smiled and went back to kitchen.

Later that afternoon,

"Hey Kartik! What are you doing here?" asked Ankush, Kartik's friend, bewildered.

"Working" replied Kartik, still typing in his laptop.

"Yeah but dude you just got married 2 days back! Don't you think you should have been at home now with your newly wedded wife?" asked Ankush.

"Yeah but its been 9 days I was away from office and work. And I had to complete this project soon which I'm working on from last month." said Kartik tapping on his shoulder.

"But still Kartik! Come on! She is your wife! You should spend some time with her. Work can be delayed too." said Ankush.

"So? How does that matter? I just got married man! Everyone does.. It's not like I have done some crime or something that I'll get punishment to not to work on office. I have my own life and she has her own too. And Mom and Dad are there with her. So what's the big deal?" said Kartik rolling his eyes on him.

"Seriously Kartik? Life changes after marriage. You have a partner, your soulmate now. You can't be the same bro!" said Ankush.

"Nothing has changed in my life. I am the same Kartik before and after marriage." said Kartik.

"But your status has changed. You have a companion now.." said Ankush.

"I don't need any companion to lead my life. I can handle my life single handedly and she can too. I will live my life as I want and she will live her life as she wants. That's it." said Kartik.

"Then why did you marry her?" asked Ankush.

"For Mom and Dad. They wanted me to marry her so I did. Everyone gets married someday, I got too.

"You are not doing this right Kartik.. listen I am telling you. Think about her. She has left her home her parents for you and your family. She must have some expectations from you!" said Ankush.

"I didn't tell her to come with me. She did on her own. She could have stayed there at Udaipur. I even didn't tell her to keep any hope or expectation from me. I don't keep any expectation she shouldn't too." said Kartik.

"You are spoiling her life Kartik!" said Ankush.

"She is independent and can take decisions on her own. If she wants, she can live with us or can go back to India. I really don't care!" said Kartik while Ankush looked at her disgusted.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

The whole day passed but there was no sign of Kartik.. Naira kept waiting and pacing around the main door time to time. They were just 3 days old married couple. Was it too much to expect from him to stay beside her in her initial days in this new place?

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

At midnight,

Manish was waiting for Kartik in the study when he heard the door clicked.

"Kartik??" called Manish.

"Yes Dad?" replied Kartik.

"Where were you?" asked Manish calmly.

"Office" said Kartik.

"Why didn't you cone early?" asked Manish

"Because I had a very important work in office.." said Kartik.

"More important than Naira?" asked Manish.

"Ofcourse  Dad. You know my work is my priority" said Kartik.

"For God's sake Kartik you are a married person now! You have Naira with you.. Give her some time too. She was waiting for you so long! You are not single anymore!" said Manish angrily.

"Single and married are just status Dad! This won't change me or my life anyway. I and she have our own life and we will handle them separately" said Kartik.

"She is wife Kartik!!!" shouted Manish.

"Wife is just a tag. She is just a new addition to this family!" said Kartik rolling his eyes.

"I can't believe Kartik! Then why did you marry her?" asked Manish.

"For you and Mom. You guys wanted me to marry and I did. Chapter finished." said Kartik.

"No my son.. The chapter has just started. I will wait for the day when you will regret your words and actions and will choose the path of a happily married life" said Manish patting his shoulder.

"The day will never come" said Kartik and dashed out of the study.

After going to their room, he saw Naira's sleeping figure on his bed. He slowly made his way to the bathroom and came back after changing to his night suits. Then he went to his side of the bed and slept in no time as he was tired.

So here is the first chapter! Do give your reviews!❣