Chapter- 10

"He misbehaved with me.. so I have protected myself." said Naira giving Kartik a look and left the place covering her back with the open end of her saree.

In no time, police came and arrested Jack for misbehaving with Naira. Naira took a cab and Kartik followed her in his car. After reaching home, Naira rushed to their room and closed the door. Kartik ran behind her shouting her name..

"Naira please open the door." said Kartik from the outside of the room.

"Naira please..." he kept banging the door but she didn't listen to him.

"Naira please I am requesting you.." said Kartik but Naira kept crying paying no heed to his pleadings.

"Open the door damn it.." Kartik shouted in anger banging his fist in the door.

"See Naira, Mom and Dad will be back anytime. I don't want to create a scene in front of them. Please. Unhe phirse lagega maine kuch kiya and they will again shout at me thinking you are crying because of me."
Naira couldn't believe his words. After all that happened in the party he still thinks he is nowhere at fault. She got up wiping her tears and finally opened the door.

"Are you okay?" He asked and she just nodded.

"Jack is arrested. Now he won't do anything." he said but she kept mum.

"Say something.." said Kartik.

"So you are waiting for Jack to do something so that then you can take action against him." said Naira turning towards him.

"Naira.. I know I have made a mistake.. See I.." he couldn't complete his sentence as she left from there.

"Are you okay? Did he hurt you anywhere?" Kartik asked with concern as soon as she came out of the washroom changing into her night suit.

"I am fine.." said Naira avoiding him completely.

"Mom Dad.." he said.

"Don't worry. I won't tell them anything." said Naira and laid on the bed facing her back to him. He could listen to her light sobs.

Kartik too changed into his night clothes. He couldn't sleep whole night. He remembered when Naira told him about Jack but he took her words casually that time. He regretted on his action.

Next morning,
Manish and Swarna got to know about the incident from Mr Johnson.

"I am feeling so bad for Naira Manishji. She doesn't deserve this." said Swarna sitting hopelessly on the bed.

"She definitely doesn't deserve this. I am sure somewhere because of Kartik, she had to face this. I will see them for next one month. If things doesn't get well till then, I will take my next step and you and Maa won't stop me." said Manish angrily and left for office.

"Naira get ready after breakfast. We have to go to the police staion. They want to take your statement against Jack." said Kartik while having breakfast.

"I don't want to go anywhere or give any statements." said Naira and continued her breakfast.

"What? But why? That bastard deserves punishment. And don't worry I am coming with you. I will be there with you." said Kartik and Naira chuckled at his last statement. She left the place completing her breakfast without saying anything.

Kartik found it weird so he followed her till their bedroom.

"What happened? Why don't you want to go?" asked Kartik.

"Because I don't want to drag this matter." said Naira directly and went towards her bag.

"What Naira? What are you saying? And it's not about dragging the matter. He deserves punishment for what he did." said Kartik.

"I just don't want to make a much bigger issue out of this now. I said I don't want to give punishment to anyone." said Naira.

"He misbehaved with you!" said Kartik holding her arm and turning her towards him.

"So what? It's normal in Australia right? It happens. I should protect myself from all these. And I did. I did what I should have done with him right there without expecting any help from anyone." said Naira and jerked his hand away.

"See Naira, I know what you are saying.. but.." said Kartik.

"Please Kartik. Don't force me." said Naira joining her hands in front of him and left from there.

Swarna came to see Naira as she had not get out of her room after breakfast and it was past lunch time.

"Naira? You didn't had your lunch? Come beta.. I will feed you." said Swarna.

"Im not hungry maa." said Naira. Swarna sat by her side Naira kept her head on her lap.

"Beta if you don't mind.. Can I ask you something?" asked Swarna.

"Haan maa puchiye.." said Naira while Swarna kept caressing her hairs.

"Why didn't you give your statements Naira?" asked Swarna and Naira got up.

"What's the point now maa? Why Kartik wants to do something for me now? Why will I give statement against that man now? You know maa, I had let Kartik know about my discomfort. He could've stopped all this that time but why now?" said Naira crying.

"I understand beta. Bass give Kartik some time to learn from his mistakes." said Swarna wiping her tears.

"How much time? Already more than 3 months have passed but still.. And maa.. I am not asking him to protect me all the time. I just want him to be with me.. to be on my side whenever I face such situations. I want to feel secure in his presence." said Naira and kept crying more.

"You know maa.. I got ready for him yesterday. But he didn't even bother to look at me once. I have understood maa.. He doesn't even bother if I'm alive or dead. Mere hone na hone se unhe koi farak nahi padta. Unke dil mein, unke zindegi mein na toh meri koi value hai.. na koi jagah." said Naira and cried hugging her mother in law.

"He will never love me maa.. never." said Naira before rushing to the washroom.

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Vote and comment!♥️