Chapter- 7

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Days rolled on.
Kartik and Manish were really impressed with Naira's work. Naira also started finding happiness in her work. But their situation was still the same. Naira have always prioritises her marriage over work but Kartik's behaviour didn't change much. He was still the same. He never realised that he was hurting Naira everyday.

One fine day, they were both in a meeting room. Naira was explaining and presenting their new project to their clients..
But Jack, a member of their clients, who didn't knew that Naira was Kartik's wife, was gawking at her shamelessly and Naira was getting uncomfortable by it.

"Excuse me.." said Naira and went aside to get a glass of water. Meanwhile she covered her body fully with her dupatta. She looked at Kartik but he was engrossed in his laptop. She came back and started presenting again but she was still uncomfortable with Jack's gaze. 

Finally after sometime, the meeting came to an end.

Everyone was praising Naira as the deal was finalised. When Kartik went out of the room with other clients, Jack came and forwarded his hand. "Well done young lady!" said Jack.

"Thanks." mumbled Naira and took some steps backward that's when Jack came forward and hugged her. Naira was taken aback and pushed him forcefully.

"Please.." said Naira.

"Oh I am sorry." said Jack and Naira immediately stepped out of the meeting room.

She was really annoyed and thought to tell Kartik about this. She went to Kartik's cabin and knocked.

"Come in" he said and she stepped inside.

"Kartik, I want to tell you something" she said and he looked up to her.

"What?"

"Kartik, I don't know.. how you will take it.. but.." said Naira.

"Come on Naira hurry up. I don't have that much time.. Come to the point." said Kartik.

"Kartik.. Mr Jack, that new client, hugged me forcefully some time ago.." said Naira.

"Yeah.. so?" asked Kartik.

"Kartik, I found it uncomfortable! He was constantly looking at me throughout the meeting." said Naira.

"See Naira, this is very common here. It's not India. He just hugged you na? No need to make an issue out of it." said Kartik and looked back at his laptop.

"How can you say this Kartik? Are you okay with someone hugging your wife? Does my emotions have no value?" asked Naira.

"Calm down Naira. It's okay. Yaha ka culture hi aisa hai. We are into a corporate world and these things are pretty normal here. You have to get used to it.. Many males will come for a handshake or a hug and you can't say no to them." said Kartik without even looking at her.

'"So you even hug other ladies?" asked Naira.

"Yeah I do." replied Kartik casually.

"And it's normal for you right?" asked Naira and Kartik replied in positive.

"If tomorrow, someone misbehaves with me, you will still find it okay?" asked Naira wiping her tears.

"See Naira.. You need to protect yourself and be careful. I am not your bodyguard that I will protect you all the time. And if you are still finding all these uncomfortable, then sit at home. Don't come to office." said Kartik harshly and went out of his cabin.

Naira was hurt badly. Her eyes were already floating with tears. She rushed to her cabin as she couldn't hold it anymore.

Later at night,
Kartik went to Naira's cabin but she was not there. He went and asked receptionist about her and she said Naira left office in afternoon only.
He found it weird as she always used to go home with him from office. He thought as her mood was off today, that's why she went early. But he didn't bother to contact her and drove back home.

As soon as Kartik came home, Manish asked him "Where is Naira? She didn't come with you ?"

"What? She isn't home? But receptionist told me that she left for home in afternoon only." said Kartik.

"Ofcourse not. You both come together in evening." said Manish.

" She isn't even picking up calls since afternoon." said Swarna worrying.

"You were with her in office right? How come you don't know where did she go?" asked Manish.

"Dad she isn't a child. And it's not my duty to look after her 24/7! Maybe she went with some of her friends or to a market." said Kartik.

"She doesn't know much about this city. Go out and find her!" shouted Manish.

"Dad, let's inform police then." said Kartik.

"That I'll do. You just go and don't come back without her." said Manish.

Kartik was annoyed and angry. He set out in search of Naira as he had no other choice.
The temperature was falling down and it was terribly cold.

"This girl!..." Kartik banged his fist on the steering of the car.
Just then he saw a familiar figure on the nearby park who looked like Naira from the back. He stepped out of the car and went near to her. He saw Naira lying on a bench and had tear marks on her cheeks. He called her but got no response in return. He patted her but she didn't responded. Fear consumed him and he took her into his arms.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

"Oh my God! Kartik? What happened to her? Where did you find her?" asked Dadi as soon as Kartik stepped into the house with Naira in his arms.

"She was at park street lying unconscious on a bench." said Kartik.

"She has got fever too. Take her to the room Kartik." said Swarna.

"Ofcourse. The temperature outside is so cold! And she was out from so long time without any woollen clothes.." said Manish.

"Yes I am taking her to the room. You guys please call doctor." said Kartik and went upstairs.

As soon as Kartik went, Dadi said "But how did she reach there? What could have happened?"

"Don't know Maa. But I think they both had any argument or maybe Kartik told something to her.." said Manish.

"I don't know what to do Manish ji. Kartik's behaviour towards Naira is so upsetting! It's not that we got him married forcefully. He got married on his own wish. I don't know why is he doing all these now." said Swarna worrying..

"Swarna.. The problem is Kartik is taking all these casually. He married Naira just for the sake of doing. He hasn't realised the importance of marriage till now." said Manish.

"Yeah.. I hope things get easy for both of them soon.." said Swarna.

"It's too late Swarna. You see what happened today?" said Manish.

"Better late then never Manish. Let them find their own way. Let Kartik realise the importance of it.." said Dadi.

"Hmm.. let's wait. If things don't work out between them, I'll get them divorced. I won't let Naira suffer more." said Manish.

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Vote and comment♥️