six

6|hogsmeade

Selene sipped her butterbeer as she looked around the busy inn. The Three Broomsticks had always been a popular place for the Hogwarts students on thei visits to Hogsmeade. She was surprised they were able to get a booth that fit everyone.

"Selene?" Sirius clicked his fingers in front of her face, pulling her away from her thoughts. "You okay?"

"Thinking about lover boy?" Peter teased her, her cheeks flushing red at the statement.

"I wouldn't." Remus warned the boy with a chuckle, gesturing with his head to Sirius who looked angry.

"It's not like that." She sighed before following Sirius's narrow stare to Regulus who sat at a table near them with a few Slytherin's. "Stop it." She slapped the back of his head before standing up. "I'm heading to the toilets, can someone get me another drink? I'll pay you back."

Selene slipped away from the table and wandered to the toilets, avoiding the Slytherin table. She fixed her hair in the mirror, not noticing the girl who stopped beside her.

"I heard about you and Regulus." Narcissa Black stated, startling the brunette. "Welcome to the family."

"Ah, I'm afraid we're not together." She correct the girl with a polite smile. "Just friends. But congratulations on you and Lucius Malfoy."

"Thank you." The blonde girl smiled before leaving the girl to her thoughts as she fixed her hair.

"Remus, I love you." Selene gasped as she saw the fresh mug of butterbeer waiting for her.

"How did you know it was Moony?" James stared at her with wonder, eyes darting between her and the drink.

"Magic." She teased, sitting back down between Sirius and Remus. "Our minds are connected as one."

"Stop pouting." Remus shook his head at Sirius's stubborn behaviour. "You're not her number one anymore, Padfoot."

"Selene." Lily walked up to the table, kissing James's cheek in greeting. "Want to come to Honeydukes with Molly and I?"

"Sure."

"Perfect timing. We were just heading to Zonko's Joke Shop." Peter informed the two girls as Molly joined them.

"Take care of my Remy." Selene smiled at the boys, patting Remus's head. "Oh, do you boys want anything?"

After the boys gave her a long list of sweets and chocolates, the three girls left The Three Broomsticks.

"Fray." A hand grabbed the girls wrist, stopping her in her steps and pulling her away from her friend's. "Can we talk?"

"What's wrong?" She looked over Regulus's appearance, worried he was injured. "Are you hurt?"

"I'm fine, that's not what I want to talk about." Regulus smiled to himself at her worry. "Everytime I try to bring up my mark you shut me down."

"I can't talk about it." Selene sighed as she knew how this conversation would end. "Please, Regulus, I just can't. Believe me."

"Selene." He groaned in annoyance, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly as he noticed the Marauders had joined the two curious ginger girls. "Can we talk about it at some point? I would never hurt you, I hop you know that."

"I know." She leaned her head against his hand as he cupped her cheek, both staring at each other with an uncertainty. "I promise I will tell you one day. I trust you. I can't believe I actually trust you."

"Thank you." Regulus leaned down and left a soft kiss on her forehead, whispering a farewell as he escaped before his older brother attacked him.

"Selene!" Sirius yelled at her as she hid her blushing face in her hands. "You're lucky Remus is holding me back!"

"Leave her be." James laughed, slapping his friends back. "She's young and in love."

"Come on." Selene grabbed her two girl friends hands and dragged them away from the group of boys, ignoring their teasing. "I want chocolate."

"So, you really going to keep saying you and Regulus Black aren't dating?" Molly nudged her, laughing at the girls speechless state.

"We're not dating." She mumbled, pursing her lips as she debated between two chocolates. "Just friends."

"Yeah, yeah." Lily rolled her eyes playfully. "You keep telling yourself that."

"I need new friends." Selene walked around the store, avoiding other students as she picked up all the sweets the boys asked for.

She smiled to herself, imagining his lips on her head, hand cupping her face so gently. Despite the large issue of his alliance with Voldemort, she had grown close to the quiet boy.