final

final|the order

The brunette woman grinned to herself as she entered the old home, a sense of warmth greeting her which she never expected.

"You got old." She teased the man sat at the end of the wooden table, all eyes moving to her as she stood in the kitchen doorway. "It's only been twelve years. Where did that charming playboy smile go?"

"It's good to see you too, Selene." Sirius greeted her with cheerful grin, quickly embracing the woman.

"Selene." Molly cried, hugging her old friend tightly. "I've been so worried when you slowly lost touch with everyone after Hogwarts."

"I had to, for my safety and my children." She explained before looking around the table of grim faces. "Well, it's very easy to spot who are Weasleys."

"Mum, what are you doing here?" Harry questioned. He was the spitting image of James Potter but his eyes were Lily's.

"Mum?" Sirius looked up at the smiling woman, furrowing his brows with confusion.

"Someone had to take him in." Selene shrugged, leaning back on the wall and folding her arms. "Dumbledore deemed my lifestyle as the safest for Harry."

"You failed as his mother." He snapped at her.

"He's still alive." She winked at her adoptive son. "And at least I reminded him everyday of his parents."

"Everyone, I would like you to meet Selene Fray." Remus introduced the witch, quickly changing the topic of conversation. "She is one of the most powerful witches to ever step into Hogwarts."

"It is lovely to meet you all." Selene gave them all a charming smile. "I see you have met my two pumpkins."

"Mum!" Adelia whined at her mothers choice of words. "We talked about this!"

"I find it adorable." Remus chuckled, nudging her teasingly.

"You had children?" Sirius mused, glancing between the two children who were obviously hers. "What poor soul slept with you?"

"At least I got laid." She shot back with a smirk. "And I'm shocked you don't recognise the similarities she shares with her father."

"She looks like a Black." He commented before noticing the smirk on her lips growing. "We had sex?"

"There are children." Molly warned the pair as they got caught up.

"Your brother didn't die when he first died." Selene explained with a sad look in her eyes. Remus slipped his hand into hers, giving it a reassuring squeeze. "He died when I was three months pregnant with Adelia when he was murdered by Death Eaters. You wouldn't forget me, Sirius."

"So poetic." Sirius stated sarcastically, glancing over at Harry. "None of my best friends even named their children after me."

"I am, Uncle Sirius." Adelia raised her hand and smiled at her uncle. "Adelia Siriene Fray."

"You're my favourite." He pointed to her, making her laugh and turn to Harry to rub it in his face.

"Shall we begin." Selene turned serious, her eyes watching those around the table carefully. Too many times had she sat around a table discussing the issue of Voldemort. And too many times many of those members were killed.

Her thoughts turned grim as she questioned who here would actually survive. She had lost everyone close to her with very few left. Those who were left were not the same cheerful people she knew from Hogwarts. They were all forced to grow old and mature too young.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Remus mumbled to her, noticing the cloud of sadness hidden deep in her brown eyes.

"If it means I can give my children the life they deserve, then I will do whatever it takes." Her voice was laced with determination, the fire lighting in her soul as she looked between her two children. "I don't mind paying the price if it means I can be with Reg again."

"Let's hope it doesn't come to that." He squeezed her hand, watching her fall deep into her thoughts, a stray tear falling down her cheek.