ten

10|christmas dinner

Selene sat at the small table in the kitchen, watching the boys as they set out a long wooden table in the living room. They made a bet to see who relied on magic first to set the table. She unconsciously stirred her tea with her finger, not touching the liquid.

"How are you doing that?" Regulus asked curiously, sitting down beside her. The three girls had happily agreed to making the Christmas meal if the boys set up the table.

"Doing what?" She looked up, still stirring her tea.

"Wandless magic." This statement caused the other two girls to look over, also noticing the small trick the girl was doing.

"Selene, he's right." Lily gestured to her hand. Selene looked down, instantly stopping the motion.

"I didn't know I could do that." She mused as the timer went off, stopping them from their questions.

They left Regulus at the table as they went back to making the food. Selene placed the pot of potatoes and a masher in front of him, giving him strict commands.

Molly was in charge of the turkey while Lily cooked the vegetables. Selene happily hummed along to the radio, making the desserts for after the large meal.

Peter turned the radio up higher, Arthur using this to grab Molly and dancing with her. James grabbed Lily, pulling her to the now dancefloor. The other Marauders joined in, dancing around the room like crazy.

"May I have this dance?" Selene stopped in front of Regulus who watched the group. He stared at her hand, hesitant but her smiling face caused him to sigh and take it.

She dragged him out the chair, holding both his hands as they danced to the music, old Muggle tunes playing. A joyful grin graced both their faces as he spun her around, her laughter filling the room.

They were pulled away by the timer going off once more, Molly ordering everyone to sit down as the girls grabbed the plates, the bowls of vegetables, the bowl of pigs in blankets, stuffing, gravy and the giant turkey which was placed in the middle of the table.

"A toast to our host!" Sirius cheered, raising his glass of whiskey. Everyone raised their drinks, cheering Selene for letting them celebrate Christmas at her home.

"Please, dig in." Selene laughed, gesturing to the large table filled with food.

Christmas crackers were popped, a rainbow of paper crowns around the table. Joyful chatter filled the room while Christmas songs played lightly in the background. The food was quickly devoured, many bottles of alcohol consumed.

"I come bringing Christmas cake!" Lily cheered as the girls brought over other dessert options. Trifle, Yule log, mince pies and lots of custard.

Selene escaped the crowded room after the food had been cleared away, only snacks and drinks on the table. She entered the small conservatory, whispering a small spell to heat the room and lit all the candles. She sipped at her boozy hot chocolate, starting to feel the affects to the point she didn't hear the person follow her into the small room.

"Are you okay?" She jumped at the sound of a voice, turning around to find Regulus leaning against the closed glass door.

"Just needed a moment." Selene sighed, stepping forwards and resting her head on his chest. "You're cute."

"You've had too much to drink." Regulus chuckled, stroking her hair as she wrapped her arms around his torso.

"I know." She mumbled against his jumper, stroking the soft material. "You smell nice."

"Thank you." He nuzzled his nose into her neck, taking in her sweet scent of lavender and peppermint. "I'm sorry."

"Why are you sorry?" Selene hummed, her eyes growing tired as his hand playing with her hair soothed her.

"Because I'm loyal to Lord Voldemort and loyal to you." Regulus sighed with guilt, kissing the soft skin and sending a shiver down her spine.

"You'll open you eyes soon." She yawned, closing her eyes. "You'll realise soon who is the good guys."

"I'll hold you to that." The pair went silent, enjoying each others company as she fell asleep in his arms.

They did not notice the worried friend searching for the pair for board games, chuckling at how obvious they were with their feelings towards each other. They were both broken, both needing one another to help fix the other. They were perfect if they didn't allow the sadness of their lives take over.