eleven

11|exams

Hogwarts was filled with stressed students, all trying to cram a year's worth of knowledge into their brains.

Selene seemed like the only calm one, happily sat in the library reading over passages and taking notes she had missed.

"Selene." James glared at the girl. "Stop smiling."

"This is your last year, last ever exams." Selene reminded him with an amused grin. "Chop chop, start studying."

"You're evil." The boy looked between Selene and Remus who both were academically smart students who never found the exams troubling.

"I don't like the idea of having to face another year without you guys." She pursed her lips in thought, tapping her quill on the parchment. "I do have Regulus and my roommates but who's going to randomly cheer me up in the morning when I forget my coffee."

"I'll give Regulus a list of things he needs to do when we're gone." Sirius frowned at her as she smiled at the sound of his younger brothers voice. "My one loyal girl stolen from me by my own brother."

"It's not like that." Selene sighed, waving off his statement. "We haven't properly spoke since Christmas. Which I'm still waiting for an answer as to how I got into bed."

"Ask lover boy." Peter teased, gesturing to Regulus who wandered up to their table.

"Thank you for lending me your notes." Regulus placed her notes in front of her with a grateful smile.

"How did I get to bed on Christmas?" She asked, looking up at the boy who stood by her.

"Oh, you fell asleep in my arms so I carried you to bed." He said quietly, awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck.

"I'm so sorry."

"Don't be. You're not heavy at all." His smile widened as she breathed out with relief. "Are you prepared for exams?"

"Always." She laughed loudly before remembering where they were. "I'm smart."

"You're obnoxious." James added, smirking when her smile dropped and was replaced with an annoyed frown.

"An overthinking." Remus nodded along as they all listed her flaws.

"I'm going back to my common room, it's quiet there." Selene rolled her eyes at the four boys.

"I'll walk you there." Regulus offered, helping her with her many books and notes. "You know, investing in a bag would help you so much seeing as how you hate magic."

"Hate is a strong word." She mused, trying to take some of her books off him but he slapped her hand away.

"Black." A voice called out, stopping the pair in their steps. "I see you're still hanging around with the blood traitor."

"Malfoy." Regulus greeted the boy and his friends. "She will be a Black soon. I'll teach her the proper ways of the nobel house."

"That's good to hear." Lucius Malfoy nodded to the silent girl. "We could use more loyal purebloods, no matter their house."

"Pretentious bastard." Selene cursed after the group of Slytherin's had left them. "Also, I'm avoiding your brother once our fake marriage proposal gets around the school."

"It keeps you safe." He reassured her, but his words sounded more like assurance to himself. "Nobody messes with a Black."

"I've noticed." She chuckled, happy to be back at her common room. She invited him in, noticing his hesitation as his green uniform clearly stuck out compared to the homely cream colour of the room. "Don't worry, we're Hufflepuff, we don't care about what house people are in."

"Sneaking boys in? I'm so proud of you." Emma joked as she wandered over to the pair. "It's about time you joined the club of enjoyment."

"I don't want to know anything more about that club." Selene cringed at her statement before remembering Regulus stood behind her with a pile of books in his arms. "You can put the books down on the table, I can take it from here."

"You sure?" Regulus reluctantly out her books down on the table near them.

"Thank you for your help." She walked him to the door, kissing his cheek causing both their cheeks to flush red at her action. "I'll see you later, future hubby."

"Future hubby?" Emma teased, overhearing their conversation. "Should I question?"

"Malfoy stopped us." She explained, the blonde girl instantly understanding. "He called me a blood traitor so Regulus said we were engaged so the boys wouldn't harm me. Nobody harms the Nobel House of Black."

"That is adorable!" The girl squealed with excitement. "Don't worry, I'll keep my lips shut."

"Thank you."

"Anytime."