26: The Game ♟️

General

The whole 'gang' was here, all sitting in the living room. Taylor sat on the armchair while Nick and Selena sat on a couch with Joe. Sitting right in front of them on a different couch were Zayn and Gigi, arms around each other. Kevin and Dani sat on the other end of Zayn and Gigi's couch. Alena and Valentina were having their afternoon nap.

"So," Taylor started, sitting up. Nick was leaning back on the couch; he was too full from the lunch. Everyone was too full from the lunch.

"I feel like shit- do you feel like shit?" Nick groaned. Zayn chuckled, "I don't feel like shit- the food was amazing," Zayn said, looking at Taylor then back to Nick, who sat up, "So- that was not what I meant- I'm saying, like- I feel like shit. But not because of the food- The food was awesome, Taylor," Nick finished, making Selena look up at him, smiling.

"What?" Nick said after a few seconds of silence and trying not to laugh. 

"You sound like you're trying to lie," Taylor finally said, making Zayn, Gigi, Joe, Kevin, Dani, and Selena laugh. 

"I'm not!" Nick protested. "It was good- it was really good!"

"Sure- okay, can we play a game?" Taylor piped. Selena glanced at Nick then back to Taylor, "What game?" she asked, crossing her legs and putting Nick's hand on her lap. "How about... truth or dare!?" Taylor said, excited.

"Woah, Woah," Joe said, holding up a hand. "Why don't we... raise the stakes?"

"How?" Zayn said, leaning on his palms.

"We'll ask a question, and if that person doesn't want to answer it-" Joe glanced at Nick who was frowning. "It'll be a dare, and that person has to do whatever the person who asked them the question, says."

Nick glanced at Selena and Zayn, "Um... What kind of questions?"

"Hard questions," Joe said, smirking mischievously. Taylor nodded, "Also- we've got couples here- the soulmates can't ask each other questions- they have to ask the other couple."

Zayn raised an eyebrow and glanced at Joe and Taylor who were both grinning, "I don't get it."

"So for example-" Joe and Taylor stopped talking and snapped their heads at each other, "Alright," Joe sat back on the sofa, "You can explain it."

"Let's say, Zayn, you asked Selena a question," Taylor said, glancing at Selena, who gave her small death glares. "But see? You can't ask Gigi because she's your girlfriend. Do you get it?" Taylor finished, her eyes glistening at Zayn. 

"I mean, I get it," Zayn started. "But why would I want to ask Selena something hard? Would it make her suffer?"

They all broke into laughter as Zayn said this. "Zayn," Selena breathed through her laughter. "What kind of question would make me suffer?" Taylor laughed into her hands and Zayn blushed, "Erm... I dunno."

"Exactly," Gigi said, slapping her palm on his lap.

"Alright," Nick said, wiping his lips with his thumb. "Do we start?" Selena took a deep breath and nodded, "Who goes first?"

"I'll go," Taylor said, smugly. "I can ask anyone because I'm single," she glanced at Joe, who looked down at his feet. 

"Right," she started again. "I'll ask Zayn a question- should I tell him what he should do first?"

Joe, Nick, and Selena nodded. "You'll have to..." Taylor started again. "You know what, I'm feelin' pretty generous, I'll let you switch spots with Nick and sit next to Selena if you can't answer this question."

"Um... okay, hit me," he said, puffing out his chest, slightly. Joe noticed and rolled his eyes, looking away in disgust. 

"Name the most famous celebrity that's hit on you," Taylor said, grinning. 

About two seconds later, Zayn got up and made his way over to Nick, "Move out," he said, his voice cold. Nick took a deep breath and glared at Taylor. He stood up anyway.

Sitting down next to Gigi, she smiled at him and looked at Zayn, who uncomfortably sat down next to Selena. "Why're you so stiff?" he whispered into Selena's ear. She stiffened after he said this and hissed back, "Does Gigi know that we...?"

Zayn's eyes widened and looked down. Taylor didn't notice this and tapped her chin, "Zayn, go on, ask anyone a question..."

***

Uh-oh, what are Zayn and Selena hiding from the rest? Wait and seeeeee!

(I don't have any plans tho- STill, read it!)

Easter Egg of the chapter:

"Why're you so stiff?" he whispered into Selena's ear. She stiffened after he said this and hissed back, "Does Gigi know that we...?"

Word Count: 773