Chapter 1

I am standing infront of Brooklyn Academy of Arts waiting for Clary to show up for our interview. "Neva!" I heard someone yelled. I looked up from my phone and saw Clary walking towards my direction. I put my phone in my jean pocket and waved at her.
" Sorry if i kept you waiting, Nev." she said. "It's fine. You ready to head inside?" I said. She let out a breath and nodded her head. "Nervous?" I asked. She nodded her head again. Don't worry, i know you will pass this interview." I said.
She smiled at me. I took out my sketchbook from my bag and started entering the building with Clary by my side.
Me and Clary walked side by side towards the interview table. "Hi" Clary said to them. She gave them her drawing block and they took it and flipped through the pages. "What about you? Where's your artwork?" One of the interviewer asked me. I gave them my sketchbook and they took it too. I didn't pay attention to what the lady said to Clary because i was too nervous.
The lady gave Clary a letter while I'm still waiting. "I'll wait for you outside, okay?" Clary said to me. I nodded my head without looking at her. " Your artworks are interesting, what are they about?" The man asked me. "Oh...uh i um dreamt about them and my aunt thought that i had nightmares because I would always wake up drenched in sweat so she asked me to draw it out. So..... yeah." I explained.
They looked at each other and discussed. The female interviewer took out a letter and signed it. She smiled at me and handed the paper to me. I took it out of her hands and looked at it. I was shocked. I looked back at her and smile.
"Congratulations. You got in." She said. She handed my sketchbook back to me and i took it. "Thank you. Thank you so much." I said to them. They nodded their heads. I walked away and walked out the building.
I saw Clary looking at her letter smiling. She must be really happy. I walked to her direction with a sad face on. Why you ask? I just want to surprise her. She looked up from her letter and gave me a smile. "How did it go?" She asked. I shooked my head and gave her the letter.
She took the letter from my hand and looked at it. She looked back up at me. "Really? The sad face?"she said. I laughed. "You just got tricked by this girl."i said while pointing to myself. She laughed and punched my shoulder playfully.
"I think you should trick Simon, too" i said. "You? Not we? " she said. "I can't use the same trick twice now can i?" I said. She rolled her eyes playfully. "Whatever you say, Seraphina." She said. You guys must be wondering why she's calling me by my last name. Well we would always call each other by our last name is either we're annoyed with each other or we're joking with each other.