Chapter 26

After isabelle took me to my room i placed my sword on the floor and went to the bathroom, took a cloth and rinsed it with water. I left the bathroom and took the sword and started cleaning it. As i started cleaning the sword i could'nt help but admire my mother's engraving on the sword.

I smiled a little and traced my finger on the engraving but the moment i did that, i saw a girl my age with black hair and she was wearing shadowhunter gear. And then i saw...me. But i had white hair and red streaks on my hair and i still had my mother's sword and when i looked at the girl again she was smiling at me holding a sword identical to mine but black. And then i found myself saying, "Maryse".

I gasped and breathed heavily. I looked around and saw that i am back in my room. Who is Maryse? How do i know her? I got out of my thoughts as soon as i heard someone knock on my door. "Who is it?" I asked as i hid my sword under my blanket. "I'm Isabella's mother" the person said. Could she be..?

I went towards the door and opened it. I looked at her and she looks exactly like the girl that i saw just now but older. She looked at me shocked and i heard her gasp. "Sera?" She said and i just looked at her confused. "I'm sorry but i'm not sera. I'm Nevaeh Seraphina Underwood." I said to her and when i looked at her she looked like she was about to cry.

"Oh my god. You look just like your mother." She said. I opened the door wider for her and let her in my room. "How do you know my mother?" I asked her and she just looked at me smiling sadly. "She was my bestfriend and sister." But the moment she said sister i was shocked. "Your sister? But i thought she was a herondale?" I said. "She was but she was first a lightwood. Someone stole her from the Herondale's and left her infront of the gates of the Lightwood manor and my father found her outside and took her in." She said and i just nodded my head. "So are you like my aunt? Since she's your sister?" I asked her full of hope. She smiled and just nodded her head. I hugged her and she hugged back.

I released her from the hug and went back to my bed and took the sword from under my blanket. She looked at it in awe. "I was wondering if you could tell me more about my mother's sword. So could you?" I said to her and she sat on my bed and patted the spot next to her. I immediately sat next to her. She took my sword and the way she looked at it was like she was receiving a beautiful gift.

"It's a special sword. This sword was a legend to the shadow world. Many shadowhunter had always tried to claim this sword but they were not the chosen ones. There were two of this swords. One was red and the other was black. Me and your mother were very fond of this two swords and could'nt wait to try to see if we were the chosen ones and we were. Your mother was chosen for the red one and i, for black. Everyone was cheering for us and together, we were the most strongest shadowhunters that the world has ever had. This sword is powerful because it was by the Angel Raziel for the chosen ones to slay demons with the sword. So you can say that these swords are much more powerful than seraph blades." She explained. I just looked at her in awe." So are you still the chosen one?" I asked her but she just laughed lightly. "Well not anymore but when i saw isabelle touched it, it glowed so bright. And i knew one thing, she was the next chosen one." She said with full of adoration. Wow. Izzy is the next chosen one like me. But am i? "But how do i know i'm the chosen one?" I asked her. "Well i heard your blood made it for you so that just proves that your blood knew that this sword was meant for you to use it." She explained and that made me smile. I saw the engraving changed and saw my name on it. 'Nevaeh Underwood' . And then i saw gold colour on the centre of the rose. It's beautiful. "So is your name Maryse?" I asked her. She nodded her head. I smiled at her and hugged her once again.

I felt so happy that i am part lightwood and herondale that i want to tell izzy and alec about this. I always knew when i met Izzy and Alec we would be like bestfriends and i think now we can practically be siblings.

"Thank you so much. I am so happy that i found my mother's sister." I said to her and she just smiled at me. After talking for a bit, she went out of my room and i felt sad again because of what i did. To Magnus. I hated my self for this and i don't think i can forgive myself for what happened...