Chapter 28

When i arrived at Simon's house, i saw Clary pacing back and forth while biting her nails and Jace just leaning against the porch while looking at Clary pacing.

"Clary! Jace!" I called them while running towards their direction. Clary stopped pacing when she heard my voice and looked at me in fear. "Clary? What's wrong? What are we doing here, anyways?" I asked her. She looked at Jace and back at me. "We're goona tell Mrs. Lewis that Simon is dead." My breath hitched when she said that. "She'll never believe us, Clair..." i said to her in a sad tone. "We just have to try, Nev." After she said that she knocked on the door and the door opened, revealing Mrs Lewis. Simon's mum.

"Clary? Nevaeh? Do you guys need anything?" She asked us. Me and clary looked at each other once more and back at her. "It's about Simon, Mrs L." I said to her and the moment i said that she opened the door wider and let us enter the house. She took us inside her office room and me and Ckary sat down on the couch.

"I'll make drinks so uh wait here, ok?" She said and we just nodded our heads. Jace walked towards the desk and held a photoframe. "This is a bad idea." He suddenly said breaking the silence. "Promise me you won't tell a mundane that Simon was bitten by a vampire." He said. "I promise." Clary said." Good." He said and place the photframe back on the desk.

"And Jace? Please don't call Simon's mum a mundane. Her name is Mrs Lewis or L." I said to him and he looked at me and nodded his head. "Our part as Shadowhunters is making sure mundanes don't-""Know the truth?" I cut him off. "Don't know anything about the Shadow World." He continued. I sighed and leaned back on the couch. "Don't worry, we're just gonna...tell her there was an accident." Clary sighed. "That, um- that Simon's not coming back." She said. "I owe his mother that much. She loves him." Right after she said that Mrs L walked inside the room.

"I haven't heard anything from Simon since yesterday." She said while passing both of us our drinks. "And he flipped out on Rebecca and i. And then just disappeared." I looked down. "Have you heard from him? Or have you seen him?" She asked us but we were silent. "Should i be calling the police?" I immediately said, "No. No, don't do that. Um- if we needed to, we would have called Luke." She looked at us, sadly. "I just want to know if he's all right."

"I saw him." Clary said and i looked at her. "Oh, my god. You did? Where?" She asked and sat down on a chair. "Where-where is he? Is he okay?" She asked us again. I looked at Jace and back at Mrs Lewis. "No uh not exactly." Clary said. "Is it drugs? I mean, he said that ut wasn't but-""Uh,no, it's not drugs. Um.."

"Clary..whatever it is, i can handle it." No you can't. "Okay, look, the truth is-" but before Clary could continue Jace dropped a mini monkey figure on the floor. We both looked at Jace. "What the..." Mrs Lewis started walking towards the shelf and Jace walked towards us.

"What are you doing?" Jace whispered to us. "I don't know, okay? This is really hard." Clary said. "Just be careful." He said. "I will."

Mrs L got up from the floor with the monkey figure in her hand and walked back towards us. "Simon got this for me for Mother's Day. You know, cause he's my little...monkey." she continued, "Clary, Nevaeh, i don't kniw what i'd do if anything happened to him." We looked at her. "Rebecca and Simon, they're all i have. After i lost their father-" she inhaled sharply and snuffled a little before continuing, "But you were saying?"

She kneeled down. "To tell me the truth-""I'm sorry but will yoh excuse me? I h-have to um d-do something" i looked at Clary and she just nodded her head. I went out of the room and left the house. I teleported back to the institute so i'm outside of the abandoned church.

The moment i entered i heard Alec said that something attacked the Jade Wolf. Where i was kidnapped over there. And also the place where i believe Luke is at. Who is apparently i heard is a freaking Alpha now.