Chapter 8

"A hybrid? Yep. Welcome to my world." I said to him. They all look so shocked. Was my mother popular shadowhunter or what? But suddenly Clary's phone rang. She got up from my bed and answered the call. She suddenly walked towards the window and looked outside. She hanged up the call and walked towards my direction.
"Simon's here." She said. "He is? Well let's go then. We were about to go out of the room but i suddenly realised that me and Clary are both wearing an over sized t-shirt. "Do you have any clothes we can wear?" I asked the girl. Clary's on the chair right over there but for yours...I forget to pick out. Follow me." She said and i followed her out if the room. But when we were on our way to her room i caught boys looking at me up and down like i'm some kind of a meal.
We finally reached her room and she opened her wardrobe and took out an outfit that fits my style. "Here wear this." She said and handed me the outfit.

I looked at myself in the mirror and gasped

I looked at myself in the mirror and gasped. I look so different. "You look like a shadowhunter already. Come on Clary must be waiting for you downstairs." She said and walked out of the room and i followed her. The institute looks so amazing and i think i will grow to love it. I saw Clary wearing a dress and a mid thigh heel and boy did she look so different.
"Oh my god Clary. You look different." I said to her. "You think? You look different too. I have never seen you wearing a leather jacket or those crop tops before in my whole entire life. But you look good." She said and i thanked her. Me, Clary and the blonde guy went outside and i saw Simon looking at us shocked. Maybe because of our outfit.
Clary started talking to the blondie and i smiled at Simon.
When we were standing right infront of him he was horrified of what Clary was wearing. "Clary what are you wearing?" He asked Clary and took of his jacket and wrapped it around her shoulders. But then suddenly we heard someone said Clary's full name so me and Clary turned around to see a man with blade just like the blondie's and said something like 'give us the mortal cup' or something like that and blondie started fighting him. I saw Simon looking confused as hell and looked at me. I shrugged. After blondie killed that guy we walked towards him. "Can you deglamourize yourself so my friend won't think I'm going crazy?" Clary said. "Hey, i can't keep on calling you blondie so what's your name?" I asked him. He looked at me with a 'are you serious' look. "It's Jace. " he said. Jace. Same first name as my Jace Norman.( i love him, okay? No judging) Simon started getting all suspicious asking if Jace is our meth dealer or something and i stopped myself from slapping myself on the forehead.
Simon started asking me and Clary to come with him so that he could take us home but Clary declined. "We don't have one anymore, Simon." Clary said. I nodded my head. "Well why don't we call luke?" He asked us. I looked at him alarmed when he mentioned his name. "No, we can't trust Luke. We just can't. Please, Simon." I said to him with my pleading eyes. Simon and Jace started asking Clary to come with them but i can see that clary is having a hard time deciding who she would go with. A random stranger who we just met or Simon that has always been there for us.
"Simon, why don't you just come with us?" I asked him. He looked at me and back at Clary and nodded his head. Simon started talking about Jace and i think that annoyed him because he started saying "we do not have the time, mundane." and continued walking up the stairs and opened the door.
We walked inside and Simon looked around confused. I nudged Jace. He sighed and drew some kind of symbol on his wrist and held Simon's hand and Simon started saying that he's not Jace's type and tried to wriggle his hand out of his grip and we all held hands and there it was the fine decoration of the institute. Jace let go of me and Simon's hands and walked towards the centre of the room. "Is there a war that I don't know about, Clary." Simon asked. "There is now and i think my mother is the center of it." She said and we started walking towards the center of the room. "What did they do? Rob a Technical shop?"(sorry if it's wrong. You can change it if you want to.) Simon said and looked around. "Why is there a mundane in the institute?" The raven haired guy from earlier asked. "Hey Clary?" I whispered to her. She looked at me. "Yeah?" She whispered back. "What's the raven haired guy's name?" I asked her in a low voice hoping he wouldn't hear me. "Oh it's Alec." She said. I made and 'o' shape with my mouth and nodded my head. Soon i knew all their names like the blondies name is Jace Wayland, the raven haired guy is Alec Lightwood and the girl with long wavy hair is Isabelle Lightwood. Younger Sister to alec.
But suddenly i felt like someone is calling out to me and i looked around and saw nobody calling my name in the Institute. But suddenly i held my head and saw the guy that I almost kissed from the club in my head. "Come to me, love. I have to protect you and the rest of my fellow warlocks from Valentine. " he said and held out his hand as if i'm there.
I screamed because I couldn't handle the pain in my head. I guess my scream caught Jace, Alec, Simon, Isabelle and Clary's attention because they soon turned their attention towards me.
"Nev, what's wrong?" Clary asked me. "My head..." i said and suddenly i blacked out. Again.