Chapter 17: secrets.

*6 weeks later*

Katniss' POV:

Today I finally get to get my boot off of my foot. I can finally surf again. Gosh. It's been the longest 6 weeks of my life! Anyways, Peeta is going to take me to the hospital later to get this thing off my foot. In the meantime, I get out of my bed and go down stairs. I'm all sweaty from the nightmares I had last night. I wish my nightmares weren't as bad anymore. I guess it's just something I'm going to have to live with.

I go downstairs and I find a letter on the kitchen table.

Katniss,
I'm going to drop prim off at rue's and then I'm heading out to the store to buy us some dinner for tonight. If you need anything, just call me. Love you!

Mom.

I put down the letter an decided to make myself some breakfast. I cracked some eggs and put them in a pan and scrambled them up. I then put the scrambled eggs on a plate and got the left over cheese buns Peeta brought me last night. Man, I love that boy. I shove each cheesebun one by one into my mouth and enjoy the sensational taste it has to it. I hate eating breakfast by myself. Especially without Peeta. I soon get a text from Peeta saying that he is coming to pick me up to take me to the doctors. Crap! I need to get changed. I run upstairs and text him back.

To Peeta❤️❤️:

K. Doors unlocked. Let yourself in when you get here.

A few minutes later, I hear the door open and hear footsteps coming upstairs. Peeta opens the door. I'm all set to head to the doctors with Peeta and we leave. Finally, my summer will get back to normal.

---------3 hours later----------

Since I can finally walk normally again, me and Peeta decided to go to the beach together. Just to spend some time with each other. He seems really quiet and secretive, and I'm not sure what's up. I think I should ask him.
"Hey Peeta?" I ask.
"Yeah?" He responds.
"Are you ok? You seem kind of quiet. Is everything alright?" I ask.
"Yeah.... Umm.... Yeah everything is fine. I just have been thinking about stuff lately." He answers.
"About what?" I ask.
"It's a long story. I'll tell you later." He replys.
"Ok." Is all I could say. I hope he's ok. I don't want what's going on to ruin are relationship. He would never ever do anything to ruin this relationship.

I later find out, that I was completely and utterly wrong.

--------------------------------------
Hey guys! Sorry that this chapter was a little late. I have been studying for 3 tests today so I didn't have time to update so I had to make it quite short . SO SORRY! Anyways, guys thanks so much for 1,770 reads! THATS FREAKING AWESOME!! I'm so honored to have you guys. Anyways, if you have any suggestions of comments about my story or you want me too add anything, write them in the comments and if I use them, I'll be sure to give you credit and a shoutout. Hope you guys have a lovely day, and until next time....

May the odds be ever in your favor❤️