Chapter 18: college

Peeta told me that he was going to tell me why he is acting so weird lately, but he keeps trying to avoid me. What the heck is going on? I have even texting him and he either says right away that he "has to go" or he just come tell ignores my texts. He hasn't stopped by mom house, he hasn't even looked at me if we hang out with he group. I have a feeling the group knows something and I'm gonna find out. I decide to text Annie.

To Annie😎:

Annie! What the heck is going on! I know u know something! Why is Peeta ignoring me, and I want to know now.

About 5 minutes later I get a text back.

From Annie😎:
Uh.......

To annie😎:

Spill it!

From Annie😎:

It's just Peeta. He told the group and is really scared to tell you. He doesn't want to ruin the relationship.

To Annie😎:

Well he already has by ignoring me.

From Annie😎:

I can't tell you anymore. You should go talk to him by yourself.

To Annie😎:

Fine. Bye.

I thought that texting Peeta is better then talking to him personally.

To Peeta❤️:
What the heck Mellark!?!? Why have you been ignoring me?

A few minutes later I get a reply back.

From Peeta❤️:
I umm... I'm sorry Katniss. It's just a lot has been going on and I'm really scared to tell u.

To Peeta❤️:
I don't get why your so scared to tell me! I thought we loved each other enough to share things.

From Peeta❤️:
Katniss, I love you no matter what but... It's better if I tell u in person. I'll be at your house in 10. Bye

After we ended the convo. I waited for about 10 minutes until Peeta knocked on my door. I opened it and let him come in. He right away, have me a huge hug and a kiss.
"What was that for?" I ask.
"I wanted to kiss you before you kill me." He explains.
"Peeta, what's going on?" I ask starting to get scared.
"You know how we are all supposed to go to the same college, and then I promised to go with you guys?" He asks.
"Yeah?" I say back. I'm starting to get the feeling of what he is leaning towards.
"Well ummm...." He stops.
"Peeta what's wrong?" I ask grabbing his hand. He hesitates to tell me, but then be spite it out.

"Katniss... I'm going to a different college."

----------------------------------
Hey guys! Sorry it's kind of short. The story is coming to an end but there will be a sequel. I'm finishing around chapter 20 and then starting the next book. I hope you guys are enjoying it! And also, I have so many reads that I'm like crying! It's amazing guys and thanks so much for all the reads. Anyways, if you have any suggestions or comments and want anything to be in my next chapter, please leave them in the next chapter, and if I like it then I will be sure to use it and give you credit and a shoutout for your wonderful suggestion. If you read all of this, your awesome and you rock. But all of you rock anyway! Thanks so much again guys! And until next time.....

May the odds be ever in your favor❤️