Chapter 13: explanation

Katniss' POV:

As soon as I see Peeta and Paris kissing, I run up to them a punch Paris in the face. She falls to the floor with blood streaming out of her nose.
"Stay away from my boyfriend or I will seriously beat you up." I scream. She gets up and runs away. Ha! Baby.
"And as for you Peeta. You told me you wouldn't never do that to me again, you said-" I'm cut of by Johanna butting in.
"Katniss." She says softly. "He kissed her to protect you." She explains.
"What?" I ask, giving my attention to Peeta.
"It true." Peeta adds. "She comes up to me and said that if I didn't kiss her, she would stab you to death. Katniss, I wouldn't be able to live without you." Peeta explains.
"Well, thanks for explaining, but being killed doesn't hurt as much as watching your boyfriend kissing another girl." I say. "I'm not mad because you did it to protect me, but I am disappointed. I could have dealt with her. You see how I just punched her and she ran away. See how easy that was?!?! Peeta, you should have said no and came straight to me!" I yell at him.
"Katniss, I'm sorry." He apologizes.
"I know you are. I just need some time to think." I explain. "And just so you know..." I walk up to him and grab his hand.
"This isn't the end of us. I just need to think about what happened, and see what I should do." I start to walk away and our hands depart. I then start running to my house.

*two days later*

I haven't talked to Peeta in 2 days and I decided to talk to him today. I decided to text him to meet me at the park.

Me: hey Peeta.
Peeta: Katniss! Your talking to me.
Me: yeah because I want to talk to u.
Peeta: uh oh.
Me: no, it's nothing bad, can we meet up at the park?
Peeta: sure.
Katniss: I'll see you in 10. Bye
Peeta: bye.

Peeta's POV:

Katniss finally texted me. But when we ended to conversation she only said bye. Everytime we end a convo, she always says "I love you Peeta. Bye sweetie." And she didn't do that today. This talk is probably about breaking up with me. I don't want to go, but I said I will meet up with her.

It take about 10 minutes to drive up to the park. I find Katniss sitting by the fountain. I walk up to her.
"Hey." I say softly.
"Hey. Listen, I'm sorry that I didn't forgive you when I did. But, you could have said no to her but you didn't. Which got me disappointed. I know it was for me, but you seriously didn't need to do that." She explains.
"I know, and I'm sorry. I never meant to hurt you. I hope you just except the fact that I did it for you... For us." I say.
"I know, and that's why I'm not mad. Because I understand why you did that. I couldn't be mad at you for something that stupid. Thank you Peeta." She says.
"Your welcome. I love you Katniss." I say.
"I love you too Peeta." She says kissing me.

-----------------------------------------
OMG guys! You don't understand how absolutely sorry I am for not updating on Saturday. I promised I would, but I had to study for this huge test! I'm so incredibly sorry! I wanted to get this up as soon as possible, so I updated today. I'm also get another chapter out sometime today to make up for the week I missed. You guys are awesome! Hope you understand! Guys....695 reads?!?!? THATS INCREDIBLE!! You guys rock and I can't tell you how much I love you guys! If you have any suggestions for the next chapter, leave them in the comments, and if I use them I would make sure I give you credit for it! I'm thinking of doing weekly shoutouts? What do you guys think? Thanks again guys, and until next time....

May the odds be ever if your favor😎